TSO unplugged

For musos and music appreciaters alike, talk about music of any kind from everywhere.
changing worlds
Site Admin

TSO unplugged

Post by changing worlds »

I attended a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert last night, which was an excellent performance. I did notice that each of their electric guitars and their electric violin had no cables attached. However, their microphones and special guest Ian Hunter's guitar did have them.

After years of commenting about VM's Ted Brewer violin, I now wonder are there cordless electric string instruments?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Wireless transmitance seems very well possible to me. I never mentioned this posibility before, but thought of it for a long time. Often in television shows, wireless microphones are used and I have seen it myself at scientific congresses.

BTW Joe, what kind of music did the Trans-Siberian Orchestra bring?
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

I don't know all of their songs, so I don't have an exact playlist. The first half was a mixture of "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" and "The Lost Christmas Eve" along with the narratives that appear in the lyrics but not on the CD's.

In short, it is both Christmas themed and classical music, arranged into loud electrical guitar pieces. Toss in laser lights, stage lights and pyrotechnics. This image offers a good idea:

http://www.trans-siberian.com/downloads ... 10-800.jpg