V-M is for Violin (or Vocal)-Magic

Create and vote in polls.

What is your wish regarding the next CD release?

A. Vanessa's first album of all vocal performances
40%
B. As in the past, 1 or 3 songs featuring her singing
20%
C. No vocals this time around
20%
D. Ready for another Classical Album
20%

Total votes: 5

bloviate

V-M is for Violin (or Vocal)-Magic

Post by bloviate »

Anyone in the mood for a poll?
MSam
VMF Reg

Post by MSam »

Its nice to have just a bit of singing. She is a violinist, and I think she should stick to it (with a bit of vocals along the way) :)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I opted for D as my personal preference. However, I am more then happy with what ever Vanessa-Mae comes up with for her new album. We weill have a new album with new music, that is what counts.

I hope that one day Vanessa-Mae will record an album with music based on composiitons of Paganini, of course embellished in her own style and philosophy.
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

Though it was I who posed the question, it is hard for even me to answer. First of all, it is a given that none of us would presume to set Vanessa-Mae's direction by means of a poll. Whichever way she leads is the way her true fans will happily follow. On the other hand, I hope that she has not been unduly influenced by indifferent or negative reviews/reactions to, for instance, her singing. If she released an album of vocals (accompanied of course by either or both violins) I would be the first to applaud it. I have always been a fan of almost exclusively vocal music, until V-M came along, helping to broaden my horizons. Her style of singing brings out an evocative side of her personality that is little found elsewhere. She has employed her singing in a way similar to the Choreography theme: different languages, different ethnic musical perspectives, establishing herself as a foremost cosmopolitan artiste, an aspect that incidentallly is well reflected by this forum.