Ahn Trio

For musos and music appreciaters alike, talk about music of any kind from everywhere.
bloviate

Ahn Trio

Post by bloviate »

Are there any fans of the Ahn Trio among us? I am considering attending one of their upcoming U. S. concerts. Could someone recommend this to a Vanessa-Mae fan? I have not seen V-M live, though I would jump at the chance. I did see Bond live recently and am glad I did, though the bass was too loud for my ancient, well-battered ears. Ahn-plugged might be good. :wink:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Yes bloviate, you should go there. I am a fan of the Ahn sisters too!

I would love to attend one of their shows but they hardly visit Europe for concerts, not to mention in reasonable vicinity to where I live.

I possess all 4 albums that they made so far.

Well let me know how it was, I would like to read your story on the cocnert.
MSam
VMF Reg

Re: Ahn Trio

Post by MSam »

bloviate wrote: I did see Bond live recently :
:O

Do you mind if I question you? US bond fans over at the Bond Forum are going nuts from no news. Any thing you could answer would help us a lot! (Its a long story)

-How recently? When did you see them?
-Where did you see them?
-Are they still together?
-Were they still with Decca?
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

First, though the Ahn U. S. tour is, I believe, starting in October, it won't be till April that they will visit my neck of the woods. Thanks Rijko Ebens for the advice. And when I said "recently" I was speaking in Bond terms, meaning their last U. S. tour, which was for Classified. They appeared in West Palm Beach, Nov. 28, '04 and the house was packed. As for their forum I haven't even been able to log on to it for almost a year. Sorry, no Bond news here. :?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

well if you gom then please elt us know by then about the Ahn concert. I would really like to hear how it was!
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

For sure I will Rijko if indeed I make it to the concert. The problem is it would involve about a 250-mile drive, maybe 400 km, which could probably be well worth it, but what I am hoping is to see some of their unbooked dates filled in around that time and maybe a closer venue for me. Anyway I'll give it some time and let you know. Thanks for your interest. 8)
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

Thanks MSam for alerting me to the bond forum still existing. I see now it is flourishing as ever. Apparently it's a pregnancy that's causing the delay. Guess we better hope there will be no such hindrance to Vanessa-Mae's career.
New Blue Eyes

Post by New Blue Eyes »

Rijko! You have four Ahn albums?! I have only been able to get a hold of two at the store; "Ahn-Plugged" and "Groovebox".

I saw where they were appearing with the Missouri Symphony last July. I was thinking at the time to get some friends together to go see them ( four and one-half hours away), but we had other things going on then. Now the ones who might have gone with me have moved away :( Maybe I'll try to see the Ahns again someday when they come close to me.

NBE
New Blue Eyes, V-M's #1 USA fan!
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

The Ahn Trio will visit Europe in March 2007. There are only 3 concert dates so far. I am aiming to get a ticket for the show in Hamburg on March 29.

See:

Ahn Trio tour schedule
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I visited the concert of the Ahn Trio on March 29 in Hamburg. It was a great concert. The Ahn sisters really played excellent. I can definitely recommend going to a concert of the Ahn Trio. For the coming period, They will mainly tour in the USA, see their Tour Schedule

The program consited primarily of works of modern composers thatw ere espcacially commisioned for the Ahn Trio. The Ahn Trio are familiar with all of these composers, some of them studied at the same time as the sisters at the famous Julliard School in New York.

I can list the program here if anyone is interested. I bought their latest cd that contains many of the pieces played at the concert. There was a signing session after the concert and I received a signature of all 3 sisters in my cd booklet.
New Blue Eyes

Post by New Blue Eyes »

Rijko,

Glad to hear about your experience with the Ahns.

They will be back in my neck of the woods (just 4 1/2 hours away) next year. Hopefully, I will be able to attend.

NBE
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Check out the new website of the Ahn Trio. It is really funny and nice!

See: Ahn Trio
New Blue Eyes

Post by New Blue Eyes »

The video is great. :) The girls are gorgeous. :D Although, it could be in a larger window.

None of the multimedia is downloadable. :cry: This was not the case with their old website. :x
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Yeah, a real pity that the video is not for downloading.

I have a few new programs to my disposal and see what I can achieve with it.

The site is really nice.
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

It seems not many of us have had the chance to attend a current tour appearance of the Ahn trio, so I will add my experience to the list of posts. On Sunday night in Largo, Florida, I got to not only hear but meet the Ahns. Their material consisted mainly of new compositions that were first introduced two weeks ago, making us the third audience to hear them. One piece by Kenji Bunch was in fact written only a few weeks ago. Their playing and their sound were excellent, and I'm hoping they will be coming out with a live CD or DVD one of these days. Not much was said about the new CD, so you are lucky Rijko to have it as it will be several months before its release in the States. I was very nervous to meet them but they made me feel at ease right away, and I ended up asking probably too many questions. New Blue Eyes, it's worth a 4 and a half-hour drive, and that's just what it took for me. After meeting them I was walking on air the next day and my work day went by in a flash. Definitely an unforgettable night, so I recommend it highly.