Ahn Trio

For musos and music appreciaters alike, talk about music of any kind from everywhere.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Bloviate, thanks for your story, It must have been nice the meet them. The sisters were very kind in Hamburg too during the signing session.

FYI, the new cd is now available via the Ahn website!

This is what the Ahn Trio played in Hamburg:

Kapustin: Divertissement for violin, cello and piano

Kenji Bunch: Dies Irie

David Balakrishan: Tremors

Katrina Wreede: Mr Twitty's Chair

Kenji Bunch: Slow Dance

Kenji Bunch: Whispers: Lullaby For My Favourite Insomniac

The Doors: Riders On The Storm

Richard Rogers: My Funny Valentine

David Balakrishan: Skylife
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with the Ahns' music to make a list but I know they did Tremors and I know they didn't do the Doors number. Come to think of it, they told me to go to the website about the new CD, and that it's only been released in Korea. And I forgot to tell them I'm an insomniac! Thanks for the list Rijko, I'll keep it in mind as I keep on keepin' Ahn. :)
New Blue Eyes

Post by New Blue Eyes »

Yes bloviate, I sure will make an effort this next year to see the Ahns.

Since my last post, I've gotten a hold of their first two albums from an online vendor. They play more traditional works on them as well as some early twentieth century works. This makes my collection of four albums complete for the time being.

Their fifth album is available on their new website. It is issued on their newly created personal label. This may explain why it is not yet available from any other vendor. The price seems relatively steep. I think I will wait for awhile to get it at a better price from another vendor after it is released. Of course, if I see them before that, I'll buy it at the concert. I can't pass up a chance for an autographed copy! :lol:

It is interesting to note that, to my knowledge, there is no mention on the internet of the birthdates of these lovely ladies. From the bio information, I would put the twins approx. five (+ or - a couple) years older than our Vanessa-Mae.
New Blue Eyes, V-M's #1 USA fan!
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

I first heard of the trio when they were on the cover of the Sunday newspaper magazine around five years ago. I hung on to it for a while but it got tossed when I moved to Florida. I think the article probably would have mentioned their ages. Have to give them credit for being able to keep it such a secret, not that they're old but we all do get there eventually with any luck. I guessed about the same age you guessed, New Blue Eyes, which means like Vanessa, they were in their early teens when they started out in the business in 1987. Surely somebody out there knows, but it's ok if they keep us guessing.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Angela (violin) told during the concert that they knew Kenji Bunch from the time they were studying at the Julliard School. Kenji Bunch was born in 1973. So suppose the twins Maria and Lucia are from about Kenji's age, so around mid 30's. Maria and Lucia are two years older than Angela.

I guess they all are somewhere between 30 and 35, the twins probable close to 35. Our Vanessa-Mae is currently 28.
bloviate

Post by bloviate »

BTW, Lucia (rhymes with Maria) is 10 minutes older than her kid sister.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

The new album of the Ahn Trio is released on their own provate label L.A.M.P - Lucia, Angella, Maria Productions). Distribution of the cd takes place via Sony BMG.