Vanessa-Mae in the front seat video

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae in the front seat video

Post by Xanthippe »

Audi channel has a video 'Vanessa-Mae in the front seat' available.

Is anyone able to get the video running and download it. It does not work on my computer. Here is the link:

http://channel.audi.co.uk/tvchannel/pla ... 7064571710
Barkybook

Post by Barkybook »

Rijko, Thanks for the link,

It was so very nice to see Vanessa being herself and looking very good.

It is a Quicktime file and requires Quicktime Pro to save it. Perhaps someone has Quicktime Pro and can download and share.

I use Quicktime alternative and could play it within the Firefox browser. Keep trying or watch on a friends pc.

Cheers,
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

there were actually 2 links in the file, one for quick time the other for windows media player

the file is 16.7 meg and can be found at
[link removed]

im not sure if it will cause problems with the forum/site at all, so if someone could put it up somewhere else id appreciate it.
Last edited by Street_Rat on Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

I would prefer that we remove it from our site. Having it here can create legal issues.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Thanks Street_Rat for making the vis available. Thanks also Barkybook for the tip about playing the vid. It worked well for me with Firefox browser too. The vid failed to play using Opera and Internet Explorer.

Joe, I think we can safely leave the link for a week or so to allow downloading for regular visitors. After a week, I think we can decide to make the vid available only on request.

I really find the video very nice and I am glad to have it now. I learnt about it existence already a month ago but was never able to find it, until recently.

Isn't it remarkable that during the introduction by Rhodri Owen of Vanessa-Mae that close-ups are shown of Vanessa-Mae's high heels and of her face in away to indicate and show that she wears make-up with a smooth flawless foundation creme, pink lipstick and some eye accentuation with mascara and liner? Obviously, viewers are meant to notice Vanessa-Mae's high heels and make-up since these attributes are typical for her.

Anyway, I like Vanessa-Mae's half long lbrown suede jacket in Chinese style with knot buttons and the red sleeveless top she shows at the lunch in the Dorchester hotel.

Here are some screen captures.

Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

i know i removed the link a little quick, sorry about that to all those that didnt get it.
ive uploaded it to another site, the link is:
http://www.MegaShare.com/254994
where it says "Select your download:" at the bottom of the table, click free
when it asks for a password the password is: vanessamae
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
Barkybook

Post by Barkybook »

Street Rat,

Thanks for downloading and posting another link of the video, much better than streaming, Did not know there were 2 codecs and could not get NetTransport to download the wmv file.

Your effort and expertise are greatly appreciated here.

Barkybook
New Blue Eyes

Post by New Blue Eyes »

Thanks to Rijko for the information and to Paul the "Street Rat" for coming to the rescue with the web server version.

The video was great. :) I saved it! :D

Vanessa-Mae is beautiful, witty, and funny as ever. I'm assuming the video was filmed this past spring. Now we've all had our lunch date with her! :lol:

NBE
New Blue Eyes, V-M's #1 USA fan!
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

Lotus should have snagged Vanessa to be a spokesgirl for them. After all, she learned to drive in one of their cars. It would probably bring a lot of brand awareness to them and hopefully sales. They make some very cool cars.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Actually, Vanessa-Mae's first car was a Lotus but she found that this car attracted too much attention. She considers the Audi to be less high profile - see Audi Magazine of December 2004.
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

It must be awful to go from a beautiful Lotus to a plane jane Audi (boring). Sure, they're good cars, but they're styling is very conservative. If I paid that much, I would want something with a little more sex appeal. I guess she must be pretty widely recognized in the UK. If she were here in the US, nobody would have any idea who she is.
New Blue Eyes

Post by New Blue Eyes »

Yes, wylde8, I've only encountered 2 other people around here who have heared of her, and only one of them had an album. Sad for her. :( And even sadder for us. She doesn't tour here. :cry:

NBE
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

wylde8,

We can not argue about preferences. I would not buy an Audi either but I think Vanessa-Mae is very much delighted and satisifed with her Audi's (She has a 2 Audi TT's as well, one for her and one for Lionel).

Yes, she is very much popular in the UK and Europe in general. I sure hope she will give the Amaeran continent more attention once her new album is out.

Besides wylde8 and NBE, there are also artists from the USA who hardly ever come the Europe for concerts, no matter the facrt that many fans are anxiously awaiting to see them live on stage.
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

Actually Rijko, I would be happy if they at least released the upcoming album in North America. Her last 2 studio albums were never released here. leaving us fans to try to find them on the internet or through Ebay.
New Blue Eyes

Post by New Blue Eyes »

My point is that she started out touring in America and selling her albums there. Then, she or her agents and recording company just abruptly dumped us in April, 2005 without releasing the album over here.

They have the right to do that, but to us in America, it feels as if we've been forgotten. I just hope they, at the least, film her next concert tour and issue it world-wide on DVD.

Vanessa-Mae, we miss you. :(

NBE