Vanessa-Mae's 30th birthday Happy bday Vanessa-Mae!!!!!!!!!!

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae's 30th birthday Happy bday Vanessa-Mae!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Xanthippe »

Below are the text of the letter we have sent to Vanessa-Mae for the occasion of her 30th bday. Also, all contributors are listed as well as the 11 questions that were included. Our gift to our dearest Vanessa-Mae consisted of an album with about 30 wonderful photos printed on glossy on A4 format paper. These photos will be shown here asap, probable tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------

Text of our letter to Vanessa-Mae

Dearest Vanessa-Mae,

A VERY HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! WE ALL LOVE YOU AND WE WISH YOU A WONDERFUL DAY!!!

Crossing the line of 30 makes many uncertain and unease.
However, since many of us are over 30, we welcome you to the club; do not worry, we have all survived and we all are all happy!

We all, your best and most loyal fans of The Vanessa-Mae Fans Forum (http://forum.vanessamae.org) wish you all the best on the occasion of your 30th birthday. We hope that you enjoy a fantastic day with Lionel, of course Gaspard, family and close friends - make this day, your day!!

Vanessa-Mae, for our present to you this year, we were really focussed to present something special for you in order to surprise you. Last year, we asked you the question whether you collect memorabilia related to your career for yourself. You told us that photos and magazines are often promised, but were only rarely sent.

We draw the conclusion that that has to change; we are going to change that!!!!!

Therefore, we selected a series of nice photos that we have of you in high resolution, and we have them printed out for you on glossy photo paper. You'll find these photos after this letter. To the best of our knowledge, we added the dates and occasions of the photos at the backsides. Perhaps, you'll remember many of the settings and, hopefully, seeing the photos brings back nice memories to you.

Immediately after the letter, you will find a list with the names of all contributors and a list with 10 questions that we have for you. We truly hope that you will again be so kind to provide us feedback with your answers and comments to these issues. Some minor presents and messages from a few contributors conclude our present for you.

Dearest Vanessa-Mae, the past year, publicity about you has been limited. Of course, this is only natural considering the fact that you are currently working on a new album. Therefore, we as your fans were delighted to notice that you participated in the BBC documentary series in which famous and successful role models of the British society were searching the origins of their talents and skills in other to determine whether nature (genetics) or nurture (social upbringing) were decisive in their development and achievements. We have taped your show and provided it to other fans that were not able to view BBC television themselves, this in order to allow as many of your fans as possible to view the result.

Vanessa-Mae, we can tell you that all who have seen the documentary are thrilled by it and found it very interesting. We feel touched by all that you had to say. It is so good to have this movie, since it gives us a better understanding of you and your motivation.

Dearest Vanessa-Mae, ever since you became 22 in the year 2000, we from The Vanessa-Mae Fans Forum made it a tradition to send you birthday cards and some presents. We are grateful for your kindness to accept our attentions and provide us with your feedback to our list of questions that we included in our gifts each year again.

Anyway, our presents are all about expressing our love and care for you.

With kindest regards from all of us,

----------------------------------------
list contributors

Rijko Ebens

Anna Oei (aka Daisy Hill)

Simon Fletcher (Lord Arioch)

Gerrit H. Bijsterbosch

Kirsty

Fred Fender

Arup Schuurman

Joëlle Sutany Chanapa

DH

--------------------------

LIST WITH QUESTIONS AND ISSUES SUBMITTED BY FANS

Dearest Vanessa-Mae, we have the following 11 questions for you and we would welcome your comments to these very much.

Can you please give us an update about your new album? Do you have a title already? Is there a release date known already?

Do you plan to release your autobiography simultaneously with the new album? Is there a release date set for the book already? We are all so interested in having the story of your life in your own words.

We recorded ‘The Making Of Me’ (Nurture versus Nature) documentary and made it available for your best fans in our ‘Fans Forum’ because we feel that fans outside the UK should also be in the position to see it. We were all very touched by this very interesting movie. Did your personal reflection in this movie make you to change certain parts in your autobiography?

It is always said that your parents bought your Guadagnini violin as present for your 10th birthday at an auction for ₤150,000. We assume the instrument is properly insured.(?) When was the last time the Guadagnini violin was appraised, and how much was it appraised for? Can you tell us something about this?

Why do you rarely use the acrylic Ted Brewer violin in your concerts? Is the Ted Brewer not technically ready for concert arena?

How do you experience the financial crisis? Are you worried about it, and do you intensely follow all the financial news?

Is the renovation of your new house in London completed? When can you move in, or did you move already?

Reporter Lizz Hogart quotes you in the Independent of October 16, 2004 as follows: “And my hair can swamp me too. But it's my feature, I think I'll have it until I'm 30 and then cut it. Long hair after 30 is a bit spooky.”

Do you still stick to that opinion, and do you indeed plan to have a hair cut now?

Ten years ago when you became 20, you had a special birthday party organised for you by Siemens and EMI. Is there such a big party this year too to celebrate your 30th, or do you keep it is more on a private level with Lionel, family and friends?

We really hope that you enjoy the photo album that we present to you this year. Are the photos, or most of them, familiar to you and do you remember the occasions? Which of the photos is your favourite?

Did Lionel prepare something special for you on the occasion of your 30th birthday? Can you tell us something about it, or is it too personal?
Last edited by Xanthippe on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amQhr
VMF Elite

Happy bEARthday to the thEARsty thEARties

Post by amQhr »

dEAR Vanessa Mae,
I don't wanna miss to wish you the best to yQhr thEARsty thEARties.

yQhr Qin amQhr
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Wow! once again my friend you have done
yet another wonderful job on our behalf and I
want to be the first to give you the thanks from
us all here in the Forum.

I am so much looking forward to Noodles response.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

See below all the photos that we have sent to Vanessa-Mae on glossy A4 size photopaper. All photos can be found on http://www.vanessa-mae.nu in larger sized format.

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Here is also the card that we have sent to her on the occasion of her 30th bday:

Rashida

Post by Rashida »

Omg my name is on the card! That's so cool

Thanks so much Xanthippe I sent you a pm
Rashida ~
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Rashida wrote:Omg my name is on the card! That's so cool,
LoL!!

Yep! just think Noodles now knows your name ;)

Nice card and a wonderful collection of photos Rijko.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Re: Vanessa-Mae's 30th birthday Happy bday Vanessa-Mae!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Xanthippe »

It is 3 months now since her bday. I do not know if and when we will not see any feedback and answers from her. I know she had been on the road for concerts in November and December, and perhaps she is too busy with recording and preparing for the new album and new tour!

She has always provided us with feedback, so let's us be patient.
Last edited by Xanthippe on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

I think Vanessa has forgotten a bit her fans....its impossible not to have 10 minutes to answer some questions of people who buy her original cds and wait every day for update news....the way she is taking is going to lose many fans all over the world because people dont know anything about her. At least she should have her website active, something she is not doing.It is 5 years since her lastest album, 5 years...maybe everybody must know Choreography very very well. Well, its my opinion. This could be one of the question for the next birthday card...to have further information of her to her fans, but if she doesnt reply i wouldnt send another one...it would be really stupid
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Shortly before Xmas, I had contact with Vanessa-Mae's personal assistent who told me that Vanessa-Mae was touring with her band and that she was busy and he promised me that we would see her feedback.

It is still possible that Vanessa-Mae will provide her feedback. It has happened before that we only saw her feedback end of January. If she is recording then it is understandable - at least imo - that she doesn't have her mind at answering fan mail, for a while.

Everything that erzeta mentioned about updating the official website, having the will to spend 10 minutes in answering our questions, and that it is almost 5 years now since Choreography was released, is true.

It all is a reason to be disappointed indeed, but abondoning her as fan ...? For me that is impossible.

Vanessa-Mae is simple not a very apporachable person, that is her choice and she is fully entittled to be that way.

I care about Vanessa-Mae and she has my love and support forever: I will never cease to be her fan!
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

With all the footage of her recent concerts popping up on YouTube, I don't doubt that she is on tour at the moment. She's always answered us in previous years, and I think this year won't be any different. We just need to be patient.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

OK we just need to be patient always with her. And I am not talking about abandoning her as a fan but it doesnt the same...that magic that i felt at the beginning or previous albums, thats all. I will always listen to vanessa's music.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

She must be really busy to send a response.

I the album will contain music similar to the style of Contradanza, Retro, and Aurora - fusion of jazz, pop and rock!