Vanessa-Mae's answers to our questions at her 30th birhtday!

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae's answers to our questions at her 30th birhtday!

Post by Xanthippe »

It took a whille, but finally I received answers from Vanessa-Mae to our questions that we submitted to her with our presents on the occasion of her 30th birthday, last October 2008.

She thanks us for our patience and she apologises for the delay. The questions (italic) with her answers in bold are depicted below, as is a final statement for her to us.

1 Can you please give us an update about your new album? Do you have a title already? Is there a release date known already?

I AM AT THE INITIAL STAGES OF AN EXCITING PROJECT WHICH WILL BE A WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE FOR ME. AS SOON AS I CAN, I WILL OF COURSE GIVE YOU MORE INFORMATION.

2 Do you plan to release your autobiography simultaneously with the new album? Is there a release date set for the book already? We are all so interested in having the story of your life in your own words.

THERE ARE NO CURRENT DATES FOR THE RELEASE OF MY AUTOBIOGRAPHY BUT IT IS GENERALLY FELT THAT THE BEST TIME FOR THIS WILL BE AFTER MY NEXT ALBUM PROJECT.

3 We recorded ‘The Making Of Me’ (Nurture versus Nature) documentary and made it available for your best fans in our ‘Fans Forum’ because we feel that fans outside the UK should also be in the position to see it. We were all very touched by this very interesting movie. Did your personal reflection in this movie make you to change certain parts in your autobiography?

I FOUND OUT THAT THE BBC PROGRAMME INTRODUCED ME TO MANY (AND EVEN ME TO MYSELF!). I OBVIOUSLY OWE MUCH TO MY MOTHER BUT I DO NOW FEEL AT PEACE REGARDING OUR RELATIONSHIP.

4 It is always said that your parents bought your Guadagnini violin as present for your 10th birthday at an auction for ₤150,000. We assume the instrument is properly insured.(?) When was the last time the Guadagnini violin was appraised, and how much was it appraised for? Can you tell us something about this?

UNFORTUNATELY, THAT INFORMATION IS PRIVATE BUT I CAN DISCLOSE THAT MY VIOLIN WAS SEIZED BY ST PETERSBURG CUSTOMS EARLY LAST DECEMBER AND IT WAS ONLY RELEASED ABOUT 2 WEEKS BEFORE MY SHOW IN MOSCOW THIS MARCH!

5 Why do you rarely use the acrylic Ted Brewer violin in your concerts? Is the Ted Brewer not technically ready for concert arena?

I AM USED TO MY OLD VIOLINS AND HAVE ALWAYS FAVOURED MY ACOUSTIC. IT IS A WONDER THAT IT IS STILL WITH ME DESPITE ALL THE MAD ADVENTURES THAT IT HAS EXPERIENCED! MY LED ACRYLIC TED BREWER VIOLIN IS STUNNING BUT I LIKE THE FEELING THAT IT HAS MORE IMPACT WHEN IT IS USED RARELY.

6 How do you experience the financial crisis? Are you worried about it, and do you intensely follow all the financial news?

I HAVE ALWAYS HAD MY OWN MIX OF GOOD AND BAD FINANCIAL LUCK AND I DO TEND TO DISTANCE MYSELF FROM THE NEWS.

7 Is the renovation of your new house in London completed? When can you move in, or did you move already?

UNFORTUNATELY, GOOD AND HONEST BUILDERS ARE NOT READILY FOUND AND, FRUSTRATINGLY, I AM STILL NOT IN MY HOUSE.

8 Reporter Lizz Hogart quotes you in the Independent of October 16, 2004 as follows: “And my hair can swamp me too. But it's my feature, I think I'll have it until I'm 30 and then cut it. Long hair after 30 is a bit spooky.” Do you still stick to that opinion, and do you indeed plan to have a hair cut now?

I HAD ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT 30 WAS A "PHYSICAL" MILE STONE BUT WHEN I ACTUALLY GOT TO IT, I DID NOT HAVE THE HEART TO CUT MY HAIR AS I REMEMBERED HOW MUCH I DISLIKED MY SHORT HAIR.

9 Ten years ago when you became 20, you had a special birthday party organised for you by Siemens and EMI. Is there such a big party this year too to celebrate your 30th, or do you keep it is more on a private level with Lionel, family and friends?

I WAS ACTUALLY QUITE SAD AT THAT PR PARTY AS I HAD NO CONTROL OVER MY PRIVATE LIFE IN THOSE DAYS.

10 We really hope that you enjoy the photo album that we present to you this year. Are the photos, or most of them, familiar to you and do you remember the occasions? Which of the photos is your favourite?

EACH PHOTOGRAPH CAPTURES AN EPISODE OF MY LIFE AND WORK BUT TO ME, PHOTOGRAPHS HAVE ALWAYS REMINDED ME THAT EVERYTHING, BOTH GOOD AND BAD, IS TRANSIENT.

11 Did Lionel prepare something special for you on the occasion of your 30th birthday? Can you tell us something about it, or is it too personal?

LIONEL TOOK ME TO ALSACE, ONE OF THE FEW PLACES I HAD ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE, AND I AM SURE WE WILL VISIT IT AGAIN.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND I HOPE TO PLAY TO YOU ALL SOON. IN THE MEANTIME, STAY HAPPY AND SAFE!

Isn't Vanessa-Mae so sweet and lovable to do this for us, her fans!! How many other celebs does this for their fans?
Last edited by Xanthippe on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eva03
VMF Elite

Re: Vanessa-Mae's answers to our questions at her 30th birhtday!

Post by eva03 »

Nice! Thanks Xanthippe!
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Re: Vanessa-Mae's answers to our questions at her 30th birhtday!

Post by Arioch »

Nice One my friend.
Our Noodles answers like a true pro' :)

Five months to go. any ideas for this years gift?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk