Vanessa-Mae's answers to our questions for her 31st bday

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae's answers to our questions for her 31st bday

Post by Xanthippe »

Here are Vanessa-Mae's answers to the questions that we sent her with our presents on the occasion of her 31st bday. Vanessa-Mae's answers are in bold.

Obviously, she does not want to speak her true minds in answering our question 6. That is a pity, but I can understand her arguments; she must take care in these kind of discussions.

1 First of all, how are you doing? Are you in good health, physically and mentally feeling well?

I'm happier than ever, thanks. I actually broke my elbow, sprained
my ankle and hurt my wrist this year so I'm hoping that next year will
be injury free!

2) Can give us an update on your new album? We have read on the website of your management Merlin Music Company (http://www.merlinmusiccompany.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) that it will be out in 2010?

There's no date for the release of an album yet, I'm sorry, but I'm
hoping to go on a new tour with a new twist soon.

3) This summer you played at the Westonbirt Arboretum with The All Angels as support act. We have also read that you will join Il Divo on stage in a series of 2 special Christmas concerts, coming December. Do you have any plans to play with either The All Angels or Il Divo on a cd recording? Or perhaps do you want to record with someone else? If so, then with who would you like to play on a cd? Can you tell us anything?

Those collaborations are fleeting one offs only but to ever be
ready for another jam session with Prince would be my ideal dream.

4) Your music brought you virtually all over the world. Which country that you have never visited would you like to go to do a concert, and why?

Iceland has always attracted me as such a landscape must surely be
inspiring.

5) How you recover from hard and exhausting tours and concerts? Do you do Chinese exercises like Tai-Chi, or other practices like meditation?

I don't seem to tire when I'm on tour but good and plentiful food
is always beneficial.

6) Among your fans is interest in knowing something about your position on a few social issues. We would like you to comment on the following:

- What is your opinion on gay marriage, and rights for gay people in general?
- Do you use make-up products that have not been tested on animals? Do you shop for such?
- Do you believe that there is life outside our solar system?

I can't comment as there'll always be some strict conservatives who
will somehow take offense...

7) We know that you started on the piano at a young before you played the violin. Can you imagine an equally successful career for you as pianist, if you had not switch to the violin? What other instrument besides violin and piano would you like to excel in? Is there a third instrument that you can play well?

I think I would have had the same success but certainly not the
same physical freedom on stage. I'm afraid I only took a few recorder
lessons at school!

8) We were really shocked when you told us last time that your acoustic violin was seized last year by Russian customs. How is that possible, and why did they do it? Did you ever get any explanation or an apology?

I think they rather fancied my violin in their own goody bag which
was silly as it was clearly mine but, after much frustration, at least
I got it back in the end.

9) How is Gaspard? Is he still ugly and slobbery? You recently said in the Daily Telegraph (January 18, 2009) that you love dogs that are traditionally considered to be ugly, you said: ‘I love the ugly slobbery ones!’

Gaspard's good, thanks, and we got him a play pal (Maximus our
Chihuahua) last Christmas, much to his delight.

10) The final questions like last year: what did Lionel prepare for you as present for your birthday? We understand that Lionel is guarding his privacy and we respect that of course. Please say hi to him from us all, and let him take very good care of you!

He got me cool stuff for my new home.
Thank you to you all and enjoy the approaching winter!
Last edited by Xanthippe on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eva03
VMF Elite

Re: Vanessa-Mae's answers to our questions for her 31st bday

Post by eva03 »

Wow fast response for this year! :D Great work Xanthippe for organising the birthday project! Did she like the crystals?
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

Very good job! I think question number 6 would have been really interesting with her personal opinion about society in general. I dont yet undestand why she didnt reply to that issue...everyone has an opinion about something and you shouldnt care about others who dont think the same.
Maybe, is because she is a celebrity and it could affect to her carreer, i dont know.
Anyway, it seems with her personality and with that answer, she is open minded.
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

Good questions. Too bad she was so vague on her answers about any upcoming projects. Thats what we really want to know!
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

erzeta wrote:I think question number 6 would have been really interesting with her personal opinion about society in general. I dont yet undestand why she didnt reply to that issue...everyone has an opinion about something and you shouldnt care about others who dont think the same.
Maybe, is because she is a celebrity and it could affect to her carreer, i dont know.
Anyway, it seems with her personality and with that answer, she is open minded.
I am sure that our Vanessa-Mae is open-minded towards social issues, and she is a modern girl. However, I guess that answering this question would somehow involves the risk that some fans might be disappointed by her opinion because they expected an other point of view from her side. Beside, her critics might misuse it make their case against her.

eva03, Vanessa-Mae has never actually commented on the presents that we gave her. And I do think that that is not important, really. It is only our way to show her that we all love her very much and that we care about her, support her no matter what! I am sure that she knows that very well, and her willingness to accept our gifts and to answer our questions must be seen as her appreciation for us as her best fans in return.

I too had hopes for more details on her forthcoming project. Nevertheless, she hopes to be on tour with new music soon.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Sorry for the late reply and lack of visits to the forum.

Just want to say thank you for what you did for our Noodles this year.
Once again a great job well done.

Shame that there are no near future plans for a new album :(
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk