re: Is The Violin Difficult To Play?......Yes Extreamly So!

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

CarrollTowerCX

re: Is The Violin Difficult To Play?......Yes Extreamly So!

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

I have always enjoyed the violin, but took its playing for granted.I who haven't any musical talent. I am of the other half of the musical world....I'm the one who listens and enjoys the talents of the Great Musical Artists ( Vanessa-Mae, etc ).

That said: I had heard that the violin was a very difficult instrument to play.I had surmised that myself, from the simple fact the fingerboard has no frets.

So I started to investigate the idea, and found several things of interest on the net.

These proved the violin to be extremely difficult to play.

First I looked at WIKI Answers - " what are the 10 hardest instruments to play ", and they said: 1. Violin, and other stringed instruments
( Violin, Cello, Contrabass ). High technical abilities are required. For even 4 strings, the reason why this is hard is because it has no frets, even a millimeter off with the left hand fingering can cause you to sound out of tune. In other words, Technique and Posture is crucial.

Next was at this site: http://plus.maths.org/issue31/features/ ... index.html " Why is the violin so hard to play?"This is a great techinical answer to the question of why the violin is so difficult to master. I think it should be read by everyone.

Then to round things out I think reading Wikipedia - " Playing the violin " is useful also.

To see Vanessa-Mae play the violin is marvelous. She does it so effortlessly, so fluently and with such ease and confidence. She doesn't look continuously at the instrument, but also at the audience, the orchestra, etc. She moves around the stage in complete freedom, without missing a note. THAT MY FRIENDS IS TALENT!

To have done what she has done since she was five years old is nothing short of stunning.She is without a doubt the greatest violinist ever. We may never see her like again. Enjoy her now and for all time.

May she play forever!

CX
Xanthippe

Re: re: Is The Violin Difficult To Play?......Yes Extreamly

Post by Xanthippe »

CarrollTowerCX wrote:Next was at this site: http://plus.maths.org/issue31/features/ ... index.html " Why is the violin so hard to play?"This is a great techinical answer to the question of why the violin is so difficult to master. I think it should be read by everyone.
That is ans interesting link, indeed.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Xanthippe,

I am glad I have found something that will be of interest to Vanessa's fans.

CX
New Blue Eyes

Post by New Blue Eyes »

Vanessa-Mae would probably say, "...and that my friends is practice, practice, practice."

NBE
New Blue Eyes, V-M's #1 USA fan!
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

NBE's,

You are exactly correct! Now let us hear some new performances!

May she play forever!

CX
Raytac
Veteran

Post by Raytac »

Thank you Carroll for this info! Indeed,strings instruments are very difficult to play.And I playing one of them,that's Cello(Violoncello).So,I have this experience and I know how it feels.I am professional cellist and I learned all similar things like Vanessa Mae.I would like to have confidence like she has and I improve my playing when I watching her playing.Vanessa Mae helping me so much!!! And Violin is really extreamly difficult to play and Cello also,cause positions are large and long distance are between low and high notes and thumb positions.Vanessa Mae are my inspiration source,indeed.Thank you Vanessa Mae!!!