RE: Vanessa In Chechnya

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

CarrollTowerCX

RE: Vanessa In Chechnya

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Hello Girls and Boys,

I was notified of this video via email from our member ArmenAntonyan, It is a very nice video of our Vanessa-Mae playing in Chechnya, October 5th. I have also enclosed some photos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/carrolltowe ... 2naZ28jjB4

CX

zztop-10-5-11=1 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr

zztop-10-5-11=3 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr

zztop-10-5-11=5 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr

zztop-10-5-11=8 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr

zztop-10-5-11=9 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr

zztop-10-5-11=10 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr

zztop-10-5-11=12 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr
ChrisMoore

Re: RE: Vanessa In Chechnya

Post by ChrisMoore »

Performing for a corrupt, murderous, tyrant is hardly a reason for celebration. Vanessa Mae should follow Hilary Swank's example and donate her fee - paid in blood money stolen from an impoverished people - to charity. This is not merely a matter of a musician doing his or her job. Appearances such as this allow despots to benefit from their corruption and gives them an air of legitimacy in the eyes of many. Vanessa Mae - you made a mistake. Now do the right thing!
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Before you lecture her in a fourth post, please keep in mind that she doesn't stop by to read comments; and no one else is here to discuss politics.
ChrisMoore

Post by ChrisMoore »

changing worlds wrote:Before you lecture her in a fourth post, please keep in mind that she doesn't stop by to read comments; and no one else is here to discuss politics.
Perhaps she doesn't read anything other than her bank statements. My goal is to make sure that people who do visit this site understand what Vanessa Mae did and encourage her to repudiate Kadyrov, as Hilary Swank has done.

And this isn't about politics. Politics is about elections and how governments work. This is about people being killed for trying to help others. This is about celebrities showing support, perhaps unintentionally, for a murderous thug.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

As I already mentioned in another topic, you made your statement. Please leave us alone now and respect our feelings. You will not achieve your goals by harassing us any further.

Please contact Vanessa-Mae's management to make further statements on this matter.
ChrisMoore wrote:
changing worlds wrote:Before you lecture her in a fourth post, please keep in mind that she doesn't stop by to read comments; and no one else is here to discuss politics.
Perhaps she doesn't read anything other than her bank statements. My goal is to make sure that people who do visit this site understand what Vanessa Mae did and encourage her to repudiate Kadyrov, as Hilary Swank has done.

And this isn't about politics. Politics is about elections and how governments work. This is about people being killed for trying to help others. This is about celebrities showing support, perhaps unintentionally, for a murderous thug.
Last edited by Xanthippe on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

[quote="ChrisMoore"]... My goal is to make sure that people who do visit this site understand what Vanessa Mae did ...[/quote]
No one here is doing that, and that will not change with further posts.
domonic_uk

Post by domonic_uk »

Perhaps she doesn't read anything other than her bank statements.

There's one thing that Vanessa doesn't need to do and that is read her bank statements.

Also she does work for charity such a attending a fund raiser for the elephants, submitting a picture for the blind dog association, I get the impression that Vanessa is a animal lover with her supporting these charities.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

domonic_uk,

Vanessa has done much other charity work. Her first two albums when she was 12/13 years old, the proceeds were donated NSPCC ( National Society for the Prevention of Crudity to Children). She has also did work for the Red Cross, etc. She also buys and uses electric violins then sells or auctions them off and donates the money to charity.

CX
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWiuCvxyU4g for a video of the celebrations in Chechnya. Vanessa-Mae performance starts after 2hrs 7 min.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Thank you Xanthippe,

That was great, seeing Vanessa's whole performance.

And at the end, She was NOT kissed by the Chechen leader when She received her flowers, but by one of his minions!

Beautiful preformance, beautiful young woman!

CX
Dario

Post by Dario »

It made me really sad accidentally to find in political article that Vanessa-Mae sold herself for this bloody dictator. 0.5 mln USD is big amount but she is rich enough to survive without these money covered in blood anyway. And in long term such huge negative publicity will do her more harm than she earned in the day. Possibly less informed guys know little who Kadyrov is and do not see big deal in Vanessa's actions, but that guy is the one who kills all opponents and rules his region as only worst dictators ever did. It is the same as to show your support and to take money from Hitler or Stalin and no one can be proud about this :(