Vanessa-Mae's feedback to our bday quenstions

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae's feedback to our bday quenstions

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae responded to our bday questions. Here are the questions once followed by Vanessa-Mae's replies in intalics.

1 The first question is how are you and Lionel doing? Are you both happy, and in good physical and mental condition? How is Maximus doing?

Thank you - we are both happy, but as busy as ever. Of course Maximus is the fittest of us all, as usual!

2 Last year you mentioned to us that you lost Gaspard to lymphoma. We were very sorry to hear that! Do you plan to get Maximus a new play pal? Maybe you already did?

Thank you for your condolences. We are now used to Maximus being the centre of our world, so we currently have no plans for more pets.

3 You said a long time ago in a newspaper article, that you wanted your Guadagnini acoustic violin to buried with you. Is this still true?

I did originally consider that but now I recognise that may have been a rather selfish desire. If my Guadagnini can go on to be heard by even more fans, then that will be the best future for it.

4 We read on an Official British Business Site, that you had closed and dissolved your personal Business Office “Fretless.” Is this true? If so, did you open another one under another name? In The UK or Switzerland?

We made a few changes to my operation and such details are the accountants’ department.

5 A New York newspaper recently claimed that you were looking for an apartment to rent or buy on the New Yorks West Side. Is that a correct story? Does that mean that you are planning more activities, including concerts, in the USA in the near future?

I was seriously interested in a pad in NYC last December but when I discovered that the building had an ongoing legal battle, I wisely walked away.

6 Did you have any injuries, broken anything, because of skiing and training lately? Please be careful, we are always anxious for your well being.

I often get bruised but thankfully nothing serious has occurred so far.

7 We are interested to follow your road to the Olympics more closely. No doubt that you need to do qualification tournaments? Can you give us some dates you are aiming for so that we can keep an eye on television broadcasts of these events?

I do need to qualify but we do not have specific race dates booked yet. As far as I am aware, FIS races are not broadcast.

8 Your official website at http://www.vanessa-mae.com seems inactive currently. Moreover, on accessing the homepage of the site, many of us receive the message that the site is blocked due to malignant content and viruses. Are you, and your management, aware of this?

Thank you for your interest and for informing us.

9 Do you have any concerts planned? We read about upcoming shows in Moscow and St Petersburg for December? Russia seems to be a favourite country to perform for you. Is there any particular reason for this to go to Moscow and St Petersburg again in December for the third or fourth year in a row?

Russia has a wealth of cultural heritage so it is fun to return each year to play there. Of course, with the Sochi Winter Olympics looming, it is also good to soak up some Russian spirit in the meantime. This December, we were also on tour in the Baltics. We will be touring next year but skiing will finally need to take centre stage, with only one year remaining to qualify.

10 The final question, what did Lionel give you for your 34th birthday present? Of course if you find it too private, then please skip this question.

We spent my last birthday in Brazil and Lionel gifted me with a decorative item, which I had desired for some time, for our home.

Thank you for your support - my best wishes to you all for a happy holiday season and a wonderful 2013!
Last edited by Xanthippe on Sat May 25, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Re: Vanessa-Mae's feedback to our bday quenstions

Post by zeta »

I would like to ask for the next year if she will update the website with her concerts as others celebrities do and to know if she follows any social network as twitter or whatever.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Xanthippe,

Nice answers to Vanessa's birthday questions.

CX
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Erzeta,

Yes, it would be very nice it her management would keep us abreast of her appearances.
But as we all know Vanessa-Mae is a very private person. Her private life is never revealed in the present...only in the past tense. You will never find her on Facebook or Twitter.

CX
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

Yes, I agree with you. I have always thought she never had an account, or if so, she'd have for close friends or something.
With regard to her concerts, I think it would be better for her to have many more fans interested in ongoing shows if all of us would know about that (one time she used to announce several concerts in her official website).