RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

changing worlds
Site Admin

Re: RE: VANESSA-MAE'S 2015 BIRTHDAY

Post by changing worlds »

Technically, this is no one's forum.

Haidee "gave me the keys" and has not returned. I "took the keys home" and left the doors unlocked.

Both of you "rub each other the wrong way"; which has resulted in major headaches every two or three years.

Of course, this topic will continue a few more days because it is important to have the last word.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

Hey! Just relax...... I think benji gave his point of view. So please do not use this for personal statements.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

changing worlds wrote:Technically, this is no one's forum.

Haidee "gave me the keys" and has not returned. I "took the keys home" and left the doors unlocked.

Both of you "rub each other the wrong way"; which has resulted in major headaches every two or three years.

Of course, this topic will continue a few more days because it is important to have the last word.
Please do not delete my posts without gaining my permission first.
changing worlds
Site Admin

I can only remember doing that with spam posts. At my age, memory can be an issue though. I once closed topics, but that has become pointless..
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

changing worlds wrote:I can only remember doing that with spam posts. At my age, memory can be an issue though. I once closed topics, but that has become pointless..
My fault .. I looked at the moderator log and saw that it wasn't you.

Apologies.
changing worlds
Site Admin

your eyes are better than mine. I don't see anyone deleting others posts in the first few moderator log pages.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

changing worlds wrote:your eyes are better than mine. I don't see anyone deleting others posts in the first few moderator log pages.
Yeah, I replied to Rijko's latest post, and now it's not there. I saw your response instead and thought you deleted it. It's no big deal.
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

OMG... what's happening here?... I think everyone is allowed to do what they feel to do... unless it harms or threats another one...

PS At least the forum became alive..
Jafit González L. MD
KKK

Post by KKK »

CarrollTowerCX wrote: As for the gift being personally from me, well, I have handled the gift purchasing for the last four years now. So if Xanthippe was still handling it, the gift would have been the same.

CX
Just for the record, CarrollTowerCX is correct here. CarrollTowrCX assisted me selecting an appropriate present for the past 5 yrs or so. Several times he bought it in the USA and sent it to me to include in the package to be forwarded to Vanessa-Mae! Besides me, no one else than CarrollTowerCX ever came up with an idea or suggestion fort the present. That gives him some credits for organizing the project as he did this year.

However the past 5 or 6 years, the bday project wasn't such a big fun for me anyhow. The impact and response from this forum declined significantly over these years. My request for questions to be send to Vanessa-Mae was heard by only Carroll and Zeta, and sometimes a single lost individual in this forum. The other names on the list of contributors were names of former members with whom I still hold personal contact. I asked their permissions to be added to the list, and all agreed to that with long time permission, but all were not giving any personal input. None of these former active members has visited the forum for many years now.

With Vanessa-Mae not answering to us anymore, I personally decided to quit the annual bday project. I handed over the contact details to CarrrollTowerCX as he is the most dedicated, motivated and active current member, and he indicated that he might want to continue anyhow without my input. The contact data are to be used for the bday projects to be organized as suits him, and make arrangements for this in agreement with Vanessa-Mae's personal assistant.

I consider the current project is within this range.

Everyone can decide for themselves if organizing a bday project still makes sense, now and for future years.