John aka CarrollTowerCX

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Benji
Site Admin

John aka CarrollTowerCX

Post by Benji »

:cry:

Some of you may not know this, but our most frequent and passionate forum member, CarrollTowerCX, has passed away.

This has hit me harder than I thought, as John messaged me back in February and implied that he was through the worst of it. I will definitely miss his relentless passion of showing the world what Vanessa-Mae is all about. It goes without saying that his contribution to the forum is unmatched and will leave a huge void.

I have reached out to his daughter on Facebook asking for an address to send flowers and a card. I intend on sending flowers and a card indicating our support for her and her family during this time of grief.

Since John was in charge of the annual Birthday gift to Vanessa-Mae, I'll be working to find a suitable replacement. Since this involves direct contact with Vanessa-Mae, this responsibility will only be given to a long-standing member. If none steps forward, then it will be discontinued altogether.

If you have any questions, please let me know

~Benji
Display

Re: John aka CarrollTowerCX

Post by Display »

I am also shocked by John's passing. He was a good and sincere friend of mine.
Benji wrote::cry:

Since John was in charge of the annual Birthday gift to Vanessa-Mae, I'll be working to find a suitable replacement. Since this involves direct contact with Vanessa-Mae, this responsibility will only be given to a long-standing member. If none steps forward, then it will be discontinued altogether.

~Benji
Did John share the contact details with you?
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

No, but I know who he got it from.
Display

Post by Display »

OK, so that info is secured!
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Here is the flowers I sent to John's daughter. They will arrive this friday:

I included the following note: "At this solemn time, we here at the Vanessa Mae forum wanted you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. Your father was a huge inspiration to many of us and we will miss him dearly!"

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Display

Post by Display »

Looks really good. Thanks for taking care of this.
xanthippe2

Post by xanthippe2 »

Benji wrote:No, but I know who he got it from.
John received the contact details from me. Just to let you know, I deleted all my Vanessa-Mae files, including all regarding contacts I had with Vanessa-Mae's personal assistant. I have no means to contact her personal assistant anymore!!

I simple do not like Vanessa-Mae anymore since her Olympic fraud.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

But...her ban was overturned...
xanthippe2

Post by xanthippe2 »

zeta wrote:But...her ban was overturned...
I am talking about a moral guilt!

As celebrity, if you have a private tournament organized in a country like Slovenia then you will get a corrupted result. Vanessa-Mae is smart enough to know that perfectly well.

Everyone is completely free to judge as he or she wants, but I simply think it is not credible that she didn't know!

The ban was overturned because the rules of the ski federation were weak.

I simple do not like her anymore. I haven't listened to her music since about some 2 years.
xanthippe2

Post by xanthippe2 »

BTW, many thanks to Benji for sending the flowers on behalf this forum after the passing of our valued member John, aka CarrollTowerCX!
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

Ok...even thought she knew it, everyone can make mistakes once. You can think of her as a corrupt person whether she kept on trying the same thing several times. Moreover, I think you shouldn't judge somebody forever because he or she has done something bad. So, you can judge her as person, not as an artist. On one hand, it's ok if you don't want to listen to her music, but on the other hand, her private life (in this case, the alleged corruption) must not match with her professional life. Do you Know what I mean?.
It's clear that everyone is completely free to judge whatever, but this is just my humble opinion.
Last edited by zeta on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xanthippe2

Post by xanthippe2 »

zeta wrote:Ok...even thought she knew it, everyone can make mistakes once. You can think of her as corrupt person whether she kept on trying the same thing several times. Moreover, I think you shouldn't judge somebody forever because he or she has done something bad. So, you can judge her as person, not as an artist. On one hand, it's ok if you don't want to listen to her music, but on the other hand, her private life (in this case, the alleged corruption) must not match with her professional life. Do you Know what I mean?.
It's clear that everyone is completely free to judge whatever, but this is just my humble opinion.
Everyone is entitled to make mistakes in life, I couldn't agree more with you. In the end, it is what you do with your mistakes. Vanessa-Mae hasn't shown even the slightest doubt or remorse about her actions. I am pretty sure she would do it again if in the same position.

For me, the artist, her music and personality were all part of my admiration for her. This feeling has gone, I can't change it. When I see photos, videos or concert footage's, I simply dislike the person I see.

The magic is over for me, that is the way it is for me personally.

It's great that you can separate the Olympic issue from your admiration for the music and the artist. I can't.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

I really understand you. Btw, it is more or less the same feeling I had at the very beginning. But, it's gonna be almost like two years from now?.
With regard to what you've said about she'd do the same...well, if you don't know, you don't know. So, please, I think you should be more careful in this accusation, when you mention it, because maybe there are people who think better. It's ok with me , but perhaps not for others.
If she made the same mistake, then say it, but no at the moment.
I'm sorry that my mind works like that, maybe we could agree more and more if we could discuss it in person.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

xanthippe2 wrote:
Benji wrote:No, but I know who he got it from.
John received the contact details from me. Just to let you know, I deleted all my Vanessa-Mae files, including all regarding contacts I had with Vanessa-Mae's personal assistant. I have no means to contact her personal assistant anymore!!

I simple do not like Vanessa-Mae anymore since her Olympic fraud.
Yes, but you sent that information to John, presumably by email, and most e-mail hosts keep copies of e-mails sent ...
xanthippe2

Post by xanthippe2 »

Benji wrote:
Yes, but you sent that information to John, presumably by email, and most e-mail hosts keep copies of e-mails sent ...
Yes that is true but I do not think an email-host will share it with you due to privacy rules. They only keep the records because the law makes them to do so to serve the authorities.

Good luck anyway.