!!HACK ATTEMPT!! Please read!!

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Benji
Site Admin

!!HACK ATTEMPT!! Please read!!

Post by Benji »

Hi everyone,

I have discovered that a few of our members' accounts have been hacked. To my knowledge, this has only occurred to a few members. The only changes that has been made was that the e-mail addresses have been set to non-existent google accounts.

I can't stress enough the importance of using strong passwords on any forum/site. Simply using numbers and letters are not enough,
as there are tools out there that can not only crack weak passwords, but also discover what other sites the affected user may use. Passwords should be at minimum 8 characters long, and include numbers, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and symbols. I will be implementing this change to any future registrations on this forum. This will also apply to password reset requests.

At this time, the forum does not appear to be hacked. There haven't been any unusual activity (the forum software logs every single change made). However, if you have noticed anything anomalous, please report it to me ASAP!

Thanks,

Benji
changing worlds
Site Admin

Re: !!HACK ATTEMPT!! Please read!!

Post by changing worlds »

I am guessing my account is either fine or has been restored.
Benji
Site Admin

Re: !!HACK ATTEMPT!! Please read!!

Post by Benji »

No, your account was not affected. To my knowledge, it only has affected maybe 3-4 accounts.