Who would you like to see VM collaborate with - VM and ??? duo

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

In several interviews VM talk about her various collaborators. In one article she even hint at a collaboration with Sting (I think I saw that on one of El guille scans). Personally I d love to see a remake of Fragile with Vanessa-Mae, violin and voice, god that would be good.

At any rate ... With who would you like to see her work next? And doing what?

Atre.
losthk

Post by losthk »

i want to c her have a duo with sarah chang...even thoguth vaenssa mae is better.. i want to c their duo to ensure vanessa mae is better!! recently, i have been disturb by the fact......they both play the carmen fantasy..they both sounded good..but sarah chang seems too have a lot of talent too..so i started to lose faith in vm..LUCKly my friend point out and shwo me the facts y vm is better..now i have stronger faith on VM ever...
§ÚªÎ¦º°Õ*sniff sniff*<=vic
jintan

Post by jintan »

Yes, a Duo with Sarah Chang would be interesting. Perhaps even a Trio comprising VM, Sarah Chang and Yo-Yo Ma would be excellent. The ultimate would be to have a Quartet with all three plus another on the viola (I can't think of that fourth member). If such Quartet is possible, we would probably be hearing the best Chamber music ever. I would think who ever able to put this Quartet together would reap handsome rewards.
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

they both play the carmen fantasy..they both sounded good..but sarah chang seems too have a lot of talent too
losthk, you can also remind yourself that she was 11 or 12 years old when she recorded carmen fantasy in 1991, I dunno how old Sarah was but VM now had 12 more years to become even greater. I must admit that Chang is indeed one of the worlds best, but not a match for VM.

If you ever have doubts or lose faith, just listen to her recordings of the four seasons and your doubts will melt away :bow:

The ultimate would be to have a Quartet with all three plus another on the viola (I can't think of that fourth member).
Viola is not mutch of a solo instrument, it is less known, heck, i dont know any viola player name beside the one we always see with VM, Vasko Vassilev, he seems pretty good.

Hummmm ... VM / Chang / Ma / Vassilev concert of Vivaldi's String compositions for quartet... Man I'd swim accross the Atlantic to hear that first hand. GREAT idea guys.

Atre
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Atreides wrote:VM / Chang / Ma / Vassilev concert of Vivaldi's String compositions for quartet... Man I'd swim accross the Atlantic to hear that first hand. GREAT idea guys.
Can we add one more?

No, on second thought, VM already said that she doesn't want to be part of a quintet.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Collaborations weith other well known artists can serve well as a tool to gain familarity for a larger audience. For that I hope that the 'Xpectation' album of Prince will be relaserd soon. For those who missed this news, Vanessa-Mae joined with Prince and several others in recording a more or less experimental jazzy album.

Collaborations of several well known artists have the risk to become a battle of egos between these stars to play the first fiddle and to stand first in line. All seek to get the most attention.

I doubt very much whether our Vanessa-Mae exels in these kind of games and battles between egos.

Moreover, collaborations don't show what Vanessa-Mae is really capable of when it comes to creativity and originality. For that Vanessa-Mae needs to make her own music and record her own albums.

So I hope for a new album of Vanessa-Mae soon, and then a new tour and the autobiography.

She shouldn't focus on new collaborations too much. I hope she sets her own career as top priority and just wait and see if anything interesting comes by to join in with others, where she can add something interesting and vital to.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Originally I thought that it woul be nice if our girl did a collaboration with 'Sir' Macca.
But I think that Paul would have all of the lime light, and Vanessa-Mae
Would be at the back some where.

So I would like Vanessa-Mae to stay has she is.
Vanessa-Mae has an amazing tallent that belongs up the front,
and not put on the back row to be used as a fill-in like on the
Prince Album!
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
losthk

Post by losthk »

[quote]Viola is not mutch of a solo instrument, it is less known, heck, i dont know any viola player name beside the one we always see with VM, Vasko Vassilev, he seems pretty good.

yes indeed..Viola is not much a solo instruemnt....one of the greatest viola player is Pinchas Zukerman..i believe his is the greatest viola player ever..i myslef admire his skills

i think the best quartet combination will be the late Issac Stern, Itzhak Perlman, Vanessa Mae, Pinchas Zukerman and Yo Yo Ma, but since Issac Stern had pass away..i will put sarah chang in =)..

But i think i realli want to c VM and Sarah Chang have a DUo..tht will be the greatest ever
§ÚªÎ¦º°Õ*sniff sniff*<=vic
vmastorm

Post by vmastorm »

talking about collaboration ... I wonder how it will be, to meet Vanessa with Kennedy in one song / performance.

or ... maybe Vanessa with HAMASAKI Ayumi? hehehe ... :p
Keep storming in the spirit!
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

On this topic an unusual combination.
Vanessa-Mae with Mike Oldfield.
Mike Oldfield as a very versatile musician could create an impressive acoustic session with our girl.
Its just a thought :gasmoke:
Haboek :smokin:
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

i'd like vanessa-mae to collaborate with william orbit or craig armstrong.
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

I honestly can't think of any other musical artists to collaborate with except for maybe a few producers or composers

Rob Dougan (Composer for Matrix)
Don Davis
Paul Oakenfold
maybe Teamsleep

I think all of the above would compliment VM well.
gaven
VMF Reg

Post by gaven »

:oth26: Here is my input
Im not sure if this would work, I`m rather keen on Sarah Brightman I wonder how they would go together.

Plan2
A cloned Vanessa Mae to do battle with the original
:pblush2:
gaven
Gatis
VMF Elite

Post by Gatis »

Rob Dougan (his "Furious Angel" is awesome), Paul Oakenfold would be also great.
well something like that...more modern, ethnic would be cool, maybe Kitaro
Gatis
happyvalley80

Post by happyvalley80 »

what about Vanessa Mae collaborate with YANNI for a New Age Music Album? :D maybe can add NORAH JONES as a VOCAL singer :D

Its just a suggestion, coz i think Vanessa Mae should know that who she want to work with in the future :gasmoke: