TV Appearance - Up-coming appearance

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

Cool Benjamin,

Keep up the good work!
-ThIs MeSsAgE WaS PoStEd By:-

...ArUp, ThE OnE ThAt AlWaYs MaKeS YoU HaPpY...
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

You did a great job Benjamin!

Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

I'm glad you guys are just as excited as I am. You should expect a (p)review within 24 hours as he video captures some of the concert and and sends it to me.

But really, the thanks goes out to Lorjou for finding about this program. I would have died (figuratively) if he would have found this out let's say.. Thursday.

I've known about this concert since '97 (same year where it was performed) and heard it was an awesome, unique, Vanessa-Mae concert .. Ever since then I've looked everywhere for it on video. In fact, if you look in the CA3 leaflet, it names this video as one of the future releases of Vanessa-Mae concerts along with Storm On Tour, but i guess that didn't pan out very well.

This concert signifies why I like Vanessa-Mae so much. Had this be any other 'classical' artist, most likely the concert would have been cancelled the moment they knew they couldn't get an orchestra. But, this being Vanessa-Mae, she rounded up her mum, her rock band, and music friends from all over to give this 'alternative' classical concert to give the audience a lasting (good) impression. I'm looking forward to a few things in the concert:

- Paganini Cantabile I *believe* this is on one of the classical collection discs EMI released last year, but I'm not sure. Anyway, this is a very popular Paganini piece, and I can't wait to hear Vanessa-Mae's spin on it.

- Schubert I loved Schubert back in High School. We've played a lot of his pieces, and this will be the FIRST time I'd hear Vanessa-Mae perform any of his works.

- Rossini .. mm composer's music is always very very flavorful. I can wait to hear the String Sonata.

- Piazolla 'Figata': I've never heard of his composer or the name of this piece. That's a good thing. This would be like hearing new music from Vanessa-Mae, which is always a great journey.

- Classical Gas Raggae: Haidee once told me that Vanessa-Mae performed Classical Gas Raggae in this concert--but with piano. I can't wait to hear raggae style on piano!

:;):

- Red Hot: Ok, this is a no brainer. This is my favorite VM piece of all time. I love when she plays this particular piece. I think she still had Kit as her guitarist, who's really really .. how should I say .. Energetic? It'll be fun watching these two hit it off.

By the way, the Programme listed on the site .. I don't think that was the entire programme. For one thing, Vanessa played Classical Gas (according to Haidee), which is not listed. Since it's an impromptu concert, Vanessa is liable to play anything regardless if it's on the programme or not.

This is going to be awesome :)

--Benjamin
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

You are sure right Benji that this cocnert would have been cancelled by most artist other than our Vanessa-Mae.

The fact that Vanessa-Mae went ahead with the concert improvising wih an occasional group of musicians without any preparation, shows that she is an excellent live performer and that she really wants to be out there on stage in front of her fans.

This concert also proves that Vanessa-Mae is a great violinist and musician. It shows that her critics are wrong and that she has an exceptional technique.

Like Benji, I knew about this series of concerts in the UK since 1997. I've read a few comments on this orchestra thing and reports in UK newspapers. I felt so sad for Vanessa-Mae when I found out about the reason for refusing the work permits to the members of the orchestra. I was very very angry witht he unjustified and easy criticism in the newspapers on these cocnerts. I felt that she derserved credits for daring to be this, but she received undisguised contempt from several reviewers instead.

This all made me feel even more and absolutely sure about my support for her!!

I am too very very excited that we will our Vanessa-Mae improvise and perform this extraordinary concert.

Thanks Benji for organizing this.
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

well done on findin some one to tape it.
i havent heard of this concert or many of the peices played, and from the review, it sounds great.
now u got me all excited (and thats a hard thing to do) :D
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae played Paganini's 'La Campanella' on the Classical Collection, released in November 2000. This piece is also on the original album Kids Classics.

The piece Benji was mentioning 'Cantabile' is not yet on any album by Vanessa-Mae.

Vanessa-Mae played 'Cantabile' during her 'Original four Seasons' concerts in 1999. I attended a concert in this series in Hamburg.

Cantabile is actually a wonderful piece of music. i sure hope that Vanessa-Mae will one day record an album featuring only music by Paganini.

I am looking forward to seeing Vanessa-Mae play 'Cantabile' at this Alternative Classical cocnert.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Rijko Ebens wrote:Vanessa-Mae played Paganini's 'La Campanella' on the Classical Collection, released in November 2000. This piece is also on the original album Kids Classics.

The piece Benji was mentioning 'Cantabile' is not yet on any album by Vanessa-Mae.

Vanessa-Mae played 'Cantabile' during her 'Original four Seasons' concerts in 1999. I attended a concert in this series in Hamburg.

Cantabile is actually a wonderful piece of music. i sure hope that Vanessa-Mae will one day record an album featuring only music by Paganini.

I am looking forward to seeing Vanessa-Mae play 'Cantabile' at this Alternative Classical cocnert.
Awesome!

This is almost seeing a brand new concert, even though it took place over 5 years ago.

I have got confirmation that the event will be/is being taped. I will let you guys know when I get confirmation that the entire concert was recorded.

'Tis a good day to be a Vanessa-Mae fan

--Benjamin
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

*breathes a sign of relief*

My friends .. the entire concert was recorded successfully .. Let us rejoice :laugh:

--Benjamin
AdamM

Post by AdamM »

Wonderful!! ::Claps:: now, lets get it online! :) I can't wait!!
Good Luck!
*_-_-Adam-_-_*
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Benjamin,

That is great news. I am very happy. Can't wait to see it!
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

Wow! Great Concert.
Qin Shin Terrakottaarmee:

Qin Street_Rat, Qin Rijko, Qin Benji

Qincat angQhra and amQhr is waiting too
Ever an opnEAR
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Wow, quite a heavy drinker, that guy above here.

Our Vanessa-Mae doesn't appreciate that behaviour!!
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

Super Benjamin! Great job pal!! Can't wait to see it...

Thanx

Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

I present to you ..

Vanessa-Mae: truly keeping it "Red Hot"

More to come .. :)

--Benjamin
Jeliefish

Post by Jeliefish »

INCREDIBLE!!! Thanks Benjamin for uploading it.