Online violin resources

Anything goes...
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Nah not me, I like Zetas Strados, and Fusion designs
Jensen, Brewer, and Jordan designs....I think thats about it. I'm not a fan of the yamaha design except for the latest one, that is 5 string with gear tuning. I dont like the design, but i like the gear option.
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

Thank you for this sweet link Artreides. Couldn't find some comparable site for guitar. So I have difficulties to tune the instrument to V.M.A.E. Some day I buy me a big violin and try.
Qin amQhr
C.L.U.C.K.

Post by C.L.U.C.K. »

I play violin, but I haven't been practicing in a while :btear:
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>사랑*평화*행복</span>
whygodwhy86
VMF Reg
Location: Kirkby-in-Ashfield, near Mansfield, near Nottingham.

Post by whygodwhy86 »

Atreides wrote:As for the sound, well , its ok , altought the G string does not bare pressure changes on long notes very well, the sound kindda wobble (if thats a word). I ll change the Strings next week in hope this problem goes away.
I have this problem with my Fender electric violin. I've already changed the strings and it makes no difference. Any other suggestions anyone?

I didn't get an electric violin until I'd been playing for 7 years. They sound so different. After a long session of electric, I always feel better going back to my acoustic!

Has anyone actually tried to play any Vanessa-Mae music? I've got Storm to about half speed! :pblush:

Laura
xxxx
Love ya lots and lots like jelly tots and vodka shots! :D
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

For some unknown reason, my oldest son has just started playing a violin. The reason isn't VM. I asked if he wanted to view videos to see playing techniques, or listen to the CD's, and he is not interested.

Anyway, we're going through the "stop pressing the bow too hard against the violin strings" stage.

:oth26:
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

whygodwhy....

Fender....tisk tisk, words cant express how I feel about that name when it comes to violins. They should just stop making them. Basically Fender is 1 block of wood, not very well made, not made by violinists... My old one (played 2 times) just sits collecting dust....

As far as the VM music, yea I play along with her stuff, Im going to incorporate a few covers of hers with my band.

Joe...

Some of my beginner students go through that phase, asking if they want to watch someone play isn't an option...I find a performance that I know would appeal to them, and leave it playing while they are having a lesson and it draws their attention, then i sneak in questions like...listen the tone...look at how he/she holds the bow etc... etc... and it gets them to think more about technique, and gives them something to aspire towards....(sneaky...but it helps, and their parents are happy too)
whygodwhy86
VMF Reg

Post by whygodwhy86 »

Hmm. *hangs head in shame* It wasn't my pick! My boyfriend (at the time) picked it. What would anyone suggest as to my next one? Need some advice on this one. Not thinking about prices yet, just makes and models.

Thanks,

Laura
xxxxx
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

i can recommend a few but what kind of sound are you looking for?

also...for your fender...get a new bridge...it helps. Have a new one carved for your instrument, its not too expensive, and see if that helps your tone any.
changing worlds
Site Admin

whygodwhy86 wrote:What would anyone suggest as to my next one?
One that has much better tastes in violins!

er, wait, you're look for suggestions for the next violin aren't you?

:pblush:

Hey, want to talk violins? Let me get the one we are renting for my son. Glaesel Y130. I bet the Fender looks great next to it!
whygodwhy86
VMF Reg

Post by whygodwhy86 »

joe_mate wrote:
whygodwhy86 wrote:What would anyone suggest as to my next one?
One that has much better tastes in violins!

er, wait, you're look for suggestions for the next violin aren't you?

:pblush:

Hey, want to talk violins? Let me get the one we are renting for my son. Glaesel Y130. I bet the Fender looks great next to it!
:yeahthat: HAHA joe_mate! Never thought of that when I posted it. Obviously I meant violins, I have a new boyfriend now, one that *won't* run off with my best friend and get her pregnant (I hope). :( But that's another story.

Can people please just throw a few names of good violins at me so I can look them up? I have no clue in this field to be perfectly honest. When I got the FV1 I loved it to pieces. I thought it was great, purely because it was an electric violin and that was what I'd always wanted! But now I think it is time to upgrade (the violin, not my taste in men!) so please, any help?

Laura AKA Nora-Mae
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Zeta
Jordan
Jensen
Ted Brewer
Yamaha
Alta Electric
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

how does the ted brewer violin sound?
changing worlds
Site Admin

I'm not sure us VM fans have ever heard it play. Perhaps it sounds as transparent as it looks?

:bsad:
whygodwhy86
VMF Reg

Post by whygodwhy86 »

Kevin wrote:Zeta
Jordan
Jensen
Ted Brewer
Yamaha
Alta Electric
Thank you Kevin, I will look them up now! :D