Cant find Ultimate collection

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

The music of 'The Power of C' (The Art of War) is based on 'Dance of The Lions,' part of Prokofiev's famous ballet music 'Romeo and Julliet.'

The 'Power of C' refers to the 2000 promotion campaign for the new Mercedes C-class model. Vanessa-Mae particiapted in this campaign and she wrote the support music for the campaign.

Vanessa-Mae's original title for the 'Power of C' is 'The Art of War.' 'The Art of War' was for an unknown reason skipped from the track lisitng of Vanessa-Mae's 2001 album 'Subject To Change.'

Vanessa-Mae uses 'Art of War' as opening piece for all her Tour For Change concerts. The piece - under the title 'Art Of War - is also on the 'Best of Vanessa-Mae' album that was released in 2002.
pio_22

Post by pio_22 »

Really Veeeery Thanx Rijko :laugh:
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Rijko Ebens wrote:Vanessa-Mae's original title for the 'Power of C' is 'The Art of War.'
Isn't this reversed? I thought that the original title of 'Art of War' was 'The Power of C'.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Joe,

you're probable right. The Mercedes campaign with the Powerof C was definetly before the release of the album STC.

However, I don't know whether Vanessa-Mae already wrote the piece for her album and subsequently used it for the Mercedes campaign, or whether it was the other way around!
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Rijko Ebens wrote:However, I don't know whether Vanessa-Mae already wrote the piece for her album and subsequently used it for the Mercedes campaign, or whether it was the other way around!
Me neither!
pio_22

Post by pio_22 »

i find this music named 'dance of the knights'.
Thx all.
pio_22

Post by pio_22 »

sorry not find but found :)
whygodwhy86
VMF Reg
Location: Kirkby-in-Ashfield, near Mansfield, near Nottingham.

Post by whygodwhy86 »

Rijko Ebens wrote:Vanessa-Mae uses 'Art of War' as opening piece for all her Tour For Change concerts.
Hmm, I saw a Tour For Change Concert, and I don't remember hearing it! I can't remember what she started with. But I would have remembered The Art of War, I heard it only very recently and it is now one of my favourites. Possibly not in all the Tour For Change concerts then? Or am I wrong?

Aurora-Mae (being awkward as per usual :p )
xxxxxxxxxxx
Love ya lots and lots like jelly tots and vodka shots! :D
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I've been at two Tour For Change concerts and Vanessa-Maer started with Art Of War both times. Moreover, I've read in several reports in newspaper and from other fans on her tour concerts that the concerts started with this piece.

As a consequence I assumed that she used Art Of War as opening for all the TFC concerts. Of course my conclusion can very well be worng.

Art Of War is just a great and spectacular piece for a start of the concert: it really brings the audience to ecstasy!
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

hallo:

sorry for not be here lots of time but i just moved to germany to study for a year...

well first i didn't like how EMI did best of compilation cause i do not contain Red Hot and some of the pieces are not the best of her... the ultimate vanessa mae i think is sort of the best of part #2 but i'll buy it... well.. now i think the track listing for me for a best of album are these:

Best of:

Red Hot
contradanza
Storm
Hocus Pocus
Bach street prelude
destiny --> of course :laugh:
laughing budha
winter (the second allegro)
aurora
IM A DOUN FOR LACK O JOHNIE
Yantra
classical gas
love is only a game
retro
tequila mockingbird
city theme (is good but she needs to change it to rock..)

also.. rijko said she is not longer in emi so what about a new album...

BTW i think emi must sale a cd with live records,and the dvd of the storm on world tour and one of the TFC

bye

jafo
Jafit González L. MD
xenomaniacx

Post by xenomaniacx »

eww the cover is most bland, its a rather unflattering picture of vanessa i think, and the design looks like some pirated cd from china or something hehe