News update on vanessa-mae's new album and website

New CD releases, TV appearances, articles, tourdates etc.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I received inside information from the top of the publicity department at Sony Classical, Here are the highlights of the message:

- Vanessa-Mae's new album is set for release in the fall of 2004 in Europe and Asia, and early 2005 in the USA.

- According to the source, the new album sounds fantastic with lots of inspiration from various dance cultures around the world; it is rhythmic with dance beats. Guest composers are A.R. Rahman, Vangelis and Bill Whelan.

- The new website is currently in poduction, and will probably be up and running around May when Vanessa-Mae performs at the Classical Brit Awards.

- Tour information will be provided via the new website, once it is up.

- No information on a possible release of a DVD is known yet, but it is considered an interesting option.

- Vanessa-Mae will perform live on April 21st at the announcement of the nominations for the Classical Brit Awards 2004 at the London's Landmark Hotel, as well as openings act at the Classical Brit Awards Ceremony on May 26th in the Royal Albert Hall in London. She will be accompanied by A.R. Rahman on both occasions, performing the track from her new album written by A.R. Rahman.

- Sony considers it as very exciting to work together with Vanessa-Mae.
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

Hi all,

I attended the Classical brit awards launch party tonight. Have posted details in the news forum but need a moderator to approve before it goes into the forum.

Watch for more news.

Regards,

Lorjou.
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

What's happening with posts and moderation. I just tried to start a new topic about the Classical Brit Awards launch I just went to and to post a reply and in both occasions the post is witheld until a moderator checks it? When did this happen and why?
jorgemae

Post by jorgemae »

Well done Rijko!
Thanks for the news, finally we have first hand information about our Lady and her projects on new CD launch.
Sony is working well, bringing the news to her fans in a simply way, and working in the new website that, I guess we all hope, will be a great consult site for every us, fans of VM, that never could see the previous web (the EMI one) works for us, neither for Vanessa-Mae difussion.
I'm very hopefull with this new managing. SONY is a great label and now they are working with a GREAT STAR, (our star), then, they must deserve to have her, working in the correct way.
Jorgemae
The Vanessa-Mae argentinean fan #1
Buenos Aires, Argentina
jorgemae

Post by jorgemae »

Well done Rijko!
Thanks for the news, finally we have first hand information about our Lady and her projects on new CD launch.
Sony is working well, bringing the news to her fans in a simply way, and working in the new website that, I guess we all hope, will be a great consult site for every us, fans of VM, that never could see the previous web (the EMI one) works for us, neither for Vanessa-Mae difussion.
I'm very hopefull with this new managing. SONY is a great label and now they are working with a GREAT STAR, (our star), then, they must deserve to have her, working in the correct way.
Jorgemae
The Vanessa-Mae argentinean fan #1
Buenos Aires, Argentina
aukoli

Post by aukoli »

I recently found the site, it's great. Anyway, it sounds like Vanessa Mae is going the bond route, with ethnic and world music tracks.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Latest news!!!

The New album will be released in September for Europe and
possibly Asia.

Bad News for our from across the Atlantic...
No comfirmed dates given at the present time :(

sorry! Guys 'n' Gals.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk