Vanessa-Mae's reaction to our 26th birthday presents

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae's reaction to our 26th birthday presents

Post by Xanthippe »

Last October, I presented our dearest Vanessa-Mae the traditional present fort her birthday. I did so during the signing session that took place immediately after her concert in London on October 21st.

Vanessa-Mae personally assured me that she would make sure that her answers to a few questions that were with the present would be delivered to me.

Early December, I still had not heard from her. I decided to call her office and came to talk to Giles Holland, Vanessa-Mae's personal assistent. Giles was present at the signing session, and he remembered the presents immedialtely. Giles told me that Vanessa-Mae had asked a couple of times whether her answers were sent to me indeed. Both Vanessa-Mae and Giles assumed that a girl who was working for Vaness-Mae at her office with specific task to fullfil such desk jobs, had done so indeed. Unfortunately, this person left the office and quit her job end October. As a result, the fact that she actually did not sent the answers remained unnoticed.

Giles now assured me once more that the answers would be delivered to me, but he asked for my patience since Vanessa-Mae was hardly present in December (promotion, Xmas and holidays).

Early this week I contacted Giles again since I still had not received the answers.

As it appeared, Giles sent me an email already a few days after our telephone conversation early December with comments to our questions on Vanessa-Mae's behalf. Anyway, Giles send the email once more.

Below is first our questions and then Vanessa-Mae's comments, there is also a personal message from her to us all.

--------------- questions ---------------------------

1 We recently missed two of your appearances in breakfast shows on ITV and BBC 1. Often one of us is able to tape your appearance on television and pass this to other fans in order to expand our collection of video material. Will your new Sony website provide announcements for fans if you will appear on television somewhere?

2 Many fans maintain websites devoted to you to express their appreciation and love for you and your music. The list of contributors provides a couple examples of such fan sites. We are curious whether you are familiar with the contents of these fans sites. Do you visit fan sites from time to time? We would be so excited to know that if you visit our sites from time to time.

3 Related to the issue above, we would appreciate it if you would leave a message or participate once in a while in our Fans Forum at http://forum.vanessamae.org. Is there a possibility that this wish could be fulfilled in near future?

4 Fans in the USA and Canada feel neglected somehow because your album ‘Subject To Change’ has not been released there and because you no live concerts took place on the North American continent to promote the album. With the release of ‘Choreography’ scheduled in the USA and Canada early 2005, are you making plans for substantial promotion and concerts there too?

5 It is somehow strange to ask about future plans considering the present release with ‘Choreography,’ but do you have defined plans for your future in the musical world? To be more specific, do you consider a pure classical album with only music written by Nicolo Paganini, of course in your own embellishing arrangements.

6 It seems that you have broken away clearly from the leashes of pure classical music and it seems that you are leaving you Pop faze behind? So after doing Choreography what road are you to travel? What direction do you intend to go now after creating likes of Choreography?

7 Two years ago, you were working on your autobiography. Are you still planning to publish your own story; what is the current status of this project? We are very interested to read your story in your own words, so please let us know what we can expect!!

8 This issue is on a more personal level and we do not expect an answer if you do not want to elaborate on the matter, as your fans we respect you and we respect your privacy. Some of us think that you and Lionel must be secretly married already? Is this true? and are you willing to comment on this thought?

-------- answers on behalf of Vanessa-Mae plus a personal message from Vanessa-Mae (text in blue) -----------

1. This is a good idea, please contact Vanessa-Mae's record company, Sony, about this as they look after her website. I will also pass on this suggestion to them myself.

2. Vanessa does not spend much time online but is very touched.

3. Please post the following message dictated by Vanessa-Mae:

Dear all, I hope you have had a good year. 2004 has been very exciting for me with the release of my new album Choreography and I really look forward to bringing this music to life in concert when I start touring in early 2005. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, a successful New Year and thank you all for your continuing support.

Best Wishes always,

Vanessa-Mae

4. We are sorry that STC was never released in Canada or the US.

Vanessa-Mae will be visiting NY for promotion in January 2005 and going

back again for a showcase in April around the Album release. When she

goes on tour in the US and Canada she promises to play tracks from STC!

5. Vanessa-Mae would never say never but is waiting to finish touring

Choreography before considering her next recording project.

6. See above!

7. Vanessa-Mae's Autobiograhy is currently on hold but there are plans to release it in 2006

8. Vanessa-Mae is not married.
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Lucky us: She is not married yet, so we all still have a chance!

Rijko,
Thanks for your efforts to get this reaction. I'm glad she liked our present and cards. I'm looking forward to the concert in Dresden, which we both will join.
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Yes Thank-you Rijko it is good when our girl makes the effort to communicate
with us, even if it is only just once a year it warms our hearts.

Rijko with regards to question 1. would you like me to contact Sony
on behalf of every one as i have i direct link to The Web team?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Arioch,

Yes please do so! I trust Giles Holland will do so too.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Great job, Rijko.

I wasn't surprised that Vanessa doesn't get online much, but perhaps through either this site or her official one, she can post "blogs" about her experiences while on tour, and perhaps answer a few questions every 2 weeks or every month (or whenever she has time).

I was thinking that perhaps or personal assistant can arrange for Vanessa-Mae to buy a laptop with a wireless connection (Hilary Hahn uses this to post journals of her experiences). If Vanessa-Mae isn't exactly completely literate, then perhaps the assistant can arrange for the site to be bookmarked, and perhaps special access to the official site and/or this one to post whenever she feels like it.

But this is just an idea ...
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

I'm glad she was finally able to reply to our questions. I only wish that the responses would have been a little longer and in her own words.

I'm surprised she doesn't do any live chat sessions with fans. I could understand not making her presence known at her web boards. Not only would she be inundated by fans, but I imagine it could pose some type of security risk. However, it seems like most celebrities love to chat with fans through the chat sessions. Maybe she'll do something like this soon since Choreography recently came out.

Brett
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae is apparently not interested in surfing on the internet.

I am happy with the answers on her behalf and by her personal message. Vanessa-Mae tells informs us exclusively in answer to two of our questions. Firstly, that 'Choreography' will be released in the US around April, and secondly about her autobiography.

I see this as a clear sign that she appreciates us and our annual gesture to her for her birthday.

Last year, she tolds us exclusively that she had signed to Sony. That fact at that time was not publicly announced.

I consider this all as a great result to our birthday attentions.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I must agree with Rijko, I am also very happy with the replies that Noodles has
given us.
I have emailed Sony regarding question 1 on behalf of all of her fans, and
they have told me that they are trying their best to keep us upto date
with what is going on.
I am informed by the Sony's V-M web team that like us they are not being told much
by Vanessa-Mae's management.
Sony have even asked me (jokingly) to let them know of any up and coming appearances
so that they can put them up on the site.
If they can't get any info from Vanessa-Mae's Management what hope
do we have?

A question for our girl this year should be...

Dear Vanessa-Mae Isn't it time that you give your Management and PR
a good kick up the backside and get them doing their jobs by informing
your many fans of any latest news and appearances?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

Arioch wrote: A question for our girl this year should be...

Dear Vanessa-Mae Isn't it time that you give your Management and PR
a good kick up the backside and get them doing their jobs by informing
your many fans of any latest news and appearances?
Isn't she her own manager?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Joe is right, our Vanessa-Mae manages her own business.