How does our Vanessa-Mae look at herself??

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

How does our Vanessa-Mae look at herself??

Post by Xanthippe »

I recently obtained the Independent Magazine of October 16th 2004 with an article in which our Vanessa-Mae comments on how she looks at herself. The article is very interesting. Scans are available on my website, see:

Vanessa-Mae comments on how she looks at herself

I have images of better resolution available if someone needs it!

In this article, Vanessa-Mae talks about how she looks at herself. Here are a view highlight of what she has to tell:

Comments on her body:
- 'I have a straight figure. I am not an hourglass at all.'
- I am not sure where my waist starts and my hips finish.
- 'My boyfriend always says he is not sure if he is with an animal, a child or a woman.
- I am petite so people think I am fragile.

comments on her hair:
- People always ask if I dye my hair black because it is so dark, but no it really is this colour.
- Five years ago I had very short hair and I dyed it blue, but it was a bad experiment.
- My hair is so long and thick that washing is an achievement in itself.
- I am lazy so I have my hair washed.
- I think I'll have it until I am 30. Long hair after 30 is a bit spooky

Comments on her skin and why she never wears make-up at home:
- I have a dry skin and have to moisturise a lot
- I never wear make-up at home. It is nice for your skin to breathe and if you get used to seeing yourself with definition all the time you never know what you look like naturally.

Comments on clothes and fashion:
- I don't like wearing lots of clothes.
- Clothes are there to make the wearer look and feel as good as possible. Therefore, clothes have to be cut and fit beautifully.

Comments on her physical violin play:
- My teachers told me to contort my face slightly to make the music look more difficult, but I don't find this look
attractive and relaxing.
- You should make it look as serene as possible.
Last edited by Xanthippe on Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twyla

Post by Twyla »

wow! interresting...... i can agree with her on alot of stuff, when i preform i move a ton, im constantly walking around in rests and stuff... and i hate shopping..... and im exactly 5 foot 3! :D :D
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

:lol:
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

"- My teachers told me to contort my face slightly to make the music look more difficult "

That's a very funny comment :lol:

I think her fans can tell how difficult the music is just by listening. I'm glad she plays with a natural look :)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I agree with DavidM.

I find it very impressive and a joy to see with how much ease our Vanessa-Mae plays even the most difficult music. She looks so beautiful during her performances with such a relaxed expression on her face and total body language show that she is in complete control over the music and her instrument.