Vanessa Mae - SCOTLAND TODAY 291004.wmv Small video file

New CD releases, TV appearances, articles, tourdates etc.
bijsterg
Veteran

Vanessa Mae - SCOTLAND TODAY 291004.wmv Small video file

Post by bijsterg »

I just found a Video file of an interview with our Vanessa on the TV SCOTLAND TODAY of 4 oct 2004.

I'll will put it on my ftp server:

ftp://80.127.44.200

Login: VanessaMae
Password: VMF

It is a very nice interview, combined with some concert shots. However, on a very small screen size. Nevertheless, you should have it.

And here is the text of the interview;

Vanessa Mae
Vanessa Mae spoke to Scotland Today's Billy Sloan about her new album Choreography, which takes its inspiration from the world of dance, and recently performed with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.

She said: "It's wonderful to use such a great force and combine it with contemporary percussion and rhythms, just wonderful because it's inspired by different dances from all around the world, different styles, different ages, different cultures, and it was just wonderful to have the RPO and I did a show last week and they backed me as well on stage, along with my rock band so I felt very, very fortunate to have such wonderful musicians behind me."

She has been playing the violin since the age of five, and Billy asked her how much dedication, particularly when she was a child, goes into her violin playing.

She said: "I think that as a child the emphasis was always on delivering the goods, whether with my parents, or professor at the time. They always said, we don't care if it takes you half an hour or thirty hours as long as by the time you get on stage, or into the recording studio, it's as we expect. I did put in the hours as a child growing up, starting the violin at the age of five, I did put in the hours, but I think as you get older, you learn in different ways. It's not just about blindly practicing for eight hours, but really applying yourself and using your brains almost to practice instead of repeating by wrote, because up to a certain extent violin practices and playing is mechanical, but after that when it gets more creative, there's a lot more than just practice that goes into it."

So does she have her fingers insured?

She answered: "Yeah, they are insured, because I enjoy a lot of other sports like skiing, water skiing, roller balding things like that so it's logical to have insured my hands."

In 1995 she turned the classical world on its head when she released her first pop album, and is credited with making classical music sexy. Asked how the world of classical music reacted, she said: "I think that I obviously shocked a few people but it was something that came naturally to me because a number of years I'd been recording classical repertoire but I felt the violin was an instrument that was still young and modern and versatile enough to be presented in a contemporary way and fashion. I think visually, musically I did break new ground, you expect a few critics to be a bit FUD daddy and not find it very easy to swallow a new concept for the first time, but I think fans were really ready for something new and exciting."

The last she was on Scotland Today was when she appeared on the battlements of Edinburgh Castle. So will we see her back in Scotland playing on stage again?

She replied: "Definitely I'd love to come for Hogmanay again and I think it;s just a wonderful place. I'd love to come not just professionally but personally as well to discover more of Scotland. My name is Nicholson so I should go back and discover more about Scotland, but I will be planning a UK tour in February, I think I should tour my home place which is around the UK and Scotland so I'm really looking forward to coming back."

29/10/2004 15:18
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Thanks Bijsterg,

So Noodles is planning a UK tour in February. That is great news for all UK fans.

Vanessa-Mae looks really nice in the video. I find it so beautiful on her that mark of full red lipstick in her visage.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Thanks Rijko,
I have downloaded the file but for some reason it is play at high speed,
I am using Windows Media Player Version 9.0 so if any one knows why this
is happening or is having the same problem please let me know.

Thanx!
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
bijsterg
Veteran

Video file

Post by bijsterg »

Arioch wrote:Thanks Rijko,
I have downloaded the file but for some reason it is play at high speed,
I am using Windows Media Player Version 9.0 so if any one knows why this
is happening or is having the same problem please let me know.

Thanx!
I'v just send you this file by Email. Maybe this version is better. If not, I can send you a version for another player.

I also put all 3 versions in the Download folder of the ftp server.
Gerrit (bijsterg)
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

Thank you bijsterg for this shQhrt scottish interview.
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

O boy. What a time to have a internetconnection that stop working :cry:
It will take about 5 working days before a line check is performed.
I really hate this.
Thank god that at work I can still read this forum.
Haboek :smokin:
bijsterg
Veteran

Video file

Post by bijsterg »

haboek wrote:O boy. What a time to have a internetconnection that stop working :cry:
It will take about 5 working days before a line check is performed.
I really hate this.
Thank god that at work I can still read this forum.
If you want me to send you this file by Email, send me a PM. This way you don't have to download it yourself
Gerrit (bijsterg)
CKmaverick

Post by CKmaverick »

Thank you for giving access to the video. I can't wait for the UK tour Feb 2005!!!

If this is of help to you, at first I couldn't get to the file using Mozilla Firefox v1.0. The dialog box asking for the username and password did not appear, as one would expect. IE v6.0 worked though....
CKmaverick
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

CKmaverick, you are right, mozilla dosent ask for the username/pass on this file as by default it uses anonomous logging, however if u use ftp://VanessaMae@80.127.44.200/ it forces it to use a username:password pair.

bijsterg thanks for the file
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
hornmeister2000

Post by hornmeister2000 »

Hi, I'm trying to access your ftp server but can't. Can you give me some help, please?
_____
Neil
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

hornmeister2000 wrote:Hi, I'm trying to access your ftp server but can't. Can you give me some help, please?

Hi,
It is very easy to get into the ftp-server.

First you have to enter the server address, or just click on the link below.

Enter the User login: VanessaMae
and the Password: VMF

The Download folder can only be used to download files, and the Upload folder contains also files to download, but you can also Upload files.
Gerrit (bijsterg)
hornmeister2000

Thanks - I think it was a problem at work. BTW, what's a DAT file?
_____
Neil
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Neill, you can open a DAT file with the windows media player.
hornmeister2000

Thanks!
_____
Neil