Subject To Change EPK: review and video

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Subject To Change EPK: review and video

Post by Xanthippe »

The Asian release of Vanessa-Mae's album 'Subject To Change' had a bonus vcd. The vcd contains the video clips for 'Destiny' and 'White Bird' as well as a very infromative nice 'Subject To Change' electronic press kit. Probable not too many will have seen this EPK that lasts about 8 minutes.. I wrote a review on the EPK that is available at my website at:

review 'Subject To Change' epk

Here is an excerpt of my text:

The 'Subject To Change' electronic press kit was provided together with the videos of 'Destiny' and 'White Bird' on a bonus vcd to the Asian release of the album 'Subject To Change.' The short documentary last for about 8 to 9 minutes and is very informative. The movie shows Vanessa-Mae talking on her new music and album, on the changes in her life and her view on her career, as well as playing with her dog in the studio. Parts of the video clips for 'Destiny' and 'White Bird' are shown together with short fragments of several of her other clips. Moreover, Vanessa-Mae is shown at various occasion during her career so far.

The review also shows interesting caprures that I made from the short documentary.

I made the video file availble at Bijsterg's server in the upload directory at

ftp://ftp.share-the-net.nl/

The video is availble as DAT and mpeg file. Give it some time to complete the upload.
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Thanks Rijko,
This is a wonderfull video, in a very good quality (both versions).

To be honest: Vanessa lookes at her best at this video!
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Barkybook

Post by Barkybook »

Rijko,

Indeed, a wonderful video, 8.5 minutes of pure Vanessa Mae. Informative and entertaining, loved the part about the her clear violin. Wonder if she names her instruments.

Thank you so much for sharing VM video with us

I wish Sony would promote Choreography in the same fashion as STC.

Cheers,
jascka

Post by jascka »

Excuse me Rijko Ebens, where is the video? :( Which is the name of the file? I can't find it at ftp://ftp.share-the-net.nl/
:lol:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

jascka

It is in the upload directory. The file name is 'STC_footage.' It is there in 2 versions as a mpg and as a DAT file.
BrightStrings

Post by BrightStrings »

I just bought STC and it's very awesome album. Though the synth was added a lot to the songs but it made the songs modern and not corny.
My fav tracks - white bird, picante, destiny, night flight, pasha, solace, love is only a game. I think I heard the hidden track after Jamais, I'm sure it's Tourmaline cause I used to see the album review in some site.
jascka

Re: Subject To Change EPK: review and video

Post by jascka »

Can someone please download and post these files (from Subject to change EPK) one more time???

Thanks so much.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

jascka,

I have ; as far as I can ascertain; all of Vanessa's CD's except this particular version. so I would like to see this downloaded again myself.

CX
jascka

Post by jascka »

Hi,

That's true. But... sharing is simple and costs nothing in my opinion (as most people think).

I was wondering if is this file (or these files) available... maybe other member still keep it and re-upload one more time.

I suppose not. :((

Buying this version should be my last option, hehe. ;)

Oh! It is a pity that those videos are available (officially only!) in VCD format, which is very potato (the quality). x(