Reviews on Vanessa-Mae's video clips

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Reviews on Vanessa-Mae's video clips

Post by Xanthippe »

I made reviews for Vanessa-Mae's video clips for 'Storm,' 'I Feel Love' and 'Happy Valley' available on my website. See the link below:

Reviews on video clips of Vanessa-Mae'

Reviews for 'Toccata & Fugue,' 'Red Hot,' Classical Gas' and 'I Am A Doun' were already available there.
Benji
Site Admin

Re: Reviews on Vanessa-Mae's video clips

Post by Benji »

Rijko Ebens wrote:I made reviews for Vanessa-Mae's video clips for 'Storm,' 'I Feel Love' and 'Happy Valley' available on my website. See the link below:

Reviews on video clips of Vanessa-Mae'

Reviews for 'Toccata & Fugue,' 'Red Hot,' Classical Gas' and 'I Am A Doun' were already available there.
I think I'm A Doun is her best music video, with Red Hot being her worst (the low budget is so obvious).

I'm a Doun had impeccable taste in terms of costumes and makeup for Vanessa, and a great display of (Kapoera) martial arts, which matches well with the song.

Happy Valley isn't so much a music video as it is a short concert/show recorded. However, it still was a spectacular event to behold.

I Feel Love and Destiny I don't care much for, because Vanessa's gift is not in singing. I admire her for trying something different, but her talent is obviously being a violinist, not a singer.

Interestingly enough, her new album Choreography, doesn't have a music video associated with any of the songs.

Since we have word that she's working on a new album next year, I can't wait to hear who will produce it. With this new album, I hope she recaptures some of the magic of her original pop album, The Violin Player. In effect, Choreography is the antithesis of TVP. The Violin Player had songs that had relatively simple songs, but they were so memorable, to the point that one would hum it with ease after only a few listens. Whereas Choreography, besides Emerald Tiger and Roxane's Veil, didn't have songs that really stuck in your head.

Unfortunately for me, this is the first album I can honestly say that most of the music is pretty "forgettable" :/ The reason is, I don't see a whole lot of fans relating to the music played here.

I hope whoever produces Vanessa's next album would produce music that her fans can embrace (again), and for Pete's sake, please PLEASE use a live band when recording. Vanessa sounds best with a live band behind her, not synthesizers.
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

Interestingly enough, her new album Choreography, doesn't have a music video associated with any of the songs.
--
didnt they have a clip of Sabre Dance?

http://www.videocodezone.com/videos/v/v ... dance.html

its not the best quality though
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

I'm A-Doun video remains my favorite. http://music.vidnet.com/player/6620/van ... johnny.php

Is it possible for someone to upload some of the music videos? I havent seen the full length version of Toccata and Fugue. I would like to own I'm A-Doun and I Feel Love. :D
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Yep, Sabra Dance had a video clip being Vanessa-Mae's performance at the Classical Brit Awards of 2004. It has been used for promotion only and was not made commercially available.

I Am A Doun is also one of my favourite clips. I like Storm, Happy Valley and I Feel Love also. Toccata& Fugue is also a wonderful and really funny clip.

Power of C is spectacular too, as is The Devill's Trill. I will review these soon.

All in all, Vanessa-Mae really made interesting videos.
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

You are right about " I m A Doun" Benji, its by far her best video. I love the thing.

As for her worst ... well ... I personally think its The devil's trill ... It is soooooooo cheeeezyyyyyyy, The Violin Fantasy short movie would have made a mutch better video for that song. Red Hot is low budget but it had some class, even tought seeing her with a classical violin in hand while we hear the Zeta is very dumb.
I Feel Love and Destiny I don't care much for, because Vanessa's gift is not in singing.
Have you seen the Argentina concert recording ? I almost feel sorry for her when she start singing destiny on that, i could never watch it in full, its too hard :lol:

Atre
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Red Hot isn't my favourite clip either but it is not bad. Maybe it hadn't much budget but the story behind the clip is nice and funny and combines well with the music. I think it did well at MTV and related channels.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

Red Hot climbed so fast in Channel V Asia's Top 20 in 1995 but didnt reach number 1.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi eva,

Which videoas do you want. I can upload them for you on bijsterg's server.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

Hi Rijko. Thanks! If it's OK I need:

Toccata and Fugue
I'm A-Doun
I Feel Love

:D
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hey eva,

I have the videos for you but for some reason bijsterg's server is not available online on this moment.

I'll try again to uplaod later.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

It's OK Rijko. THANKS!! :wink:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

OK, I've uploaded the following vids:

I Am A Doun - file name 'Doun'

I Feel Loove - file name 'I Feel'

Toccata and Fugue - file name 'Toccatoa&fugue'

The Power Of C - file name 'Power'

I made 'The Power Of C' available since I think it is not in the possession of too many of us.

All files are avalilable in the 'upload' folder of bijsterg's server accessable via:

ftp://ftp.share-the-net.nl/

Login: VanessaMae
Password: VMF
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

THANK YOU Rijko. :bow:
Jafo C ! Null
Veteran

Post by Jafo C ! Null »

My review:

0 the worst, 10 the best

Toccata & Fugue Obviously THE WORST... 1 (Horrible clothes)
Red Hot everything I ok til the part with the white hair... 6
Storm Just... Playing ... 8
Destiny Boring ...7
Happy valley .... 9 (Horrible hair)
Devils trill... horrible dance in a crystal ball ..8
I feel love ...... 7
Classical Gas ..... well.... 6
Power of C... EVERYTHING is ok til she runs with a dress in the plant ... 8
I'm a doun THE BEST (EVERYTHING IS SO!!!! BEATIFUL) 10
Jafit González L. MD