USA telvision appearance 1997-1999

Post reviews on concerts, albums, and anything else.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae at USA television appearances April ’97- April ‘99

Today, I received another DVD that I bought via www.ebay.com. The DVD shows Vanessa-Mae at television appearances broadcasted in the USA in the period of April ’97 to April ’99. Here are some highlights.

1 World Music Awards, April ‘97

In April of 1997, Vanessa-Mae received a world Music Award for best selling classical artist of the year for her album ‘The Classical album.’ The DVD mentions that this event took place in Toronto Canada. This is wrong, because to my best knowledge these awards were presented in Monaco. Princess Stephanie of Monaco was one of the hosts of the show. Moreover, the DVD shows shots of the celebrities arriving at the hall and a board outside mentions ‘Monte Carlo,’ which is Monaco.

Among the arriving celebrities at their arrival is also our Vanessa-Mae briefly shown. Next she is shown during rehearsals for the event. At the rehearsals, Vanessa-Mae is wearing a tight fitting grey suit. Noticeable is that Vanessa-Mae’s face is completely made up, even at the rehearsals. She is asked how she feels about the award she will receive that evening. Vanessa-Mae answers that she feels honoured, but that in the end the fans that made this all possible are most important to her.

Then her performance of that evening is shown. Vanessa-Mae wears a blue top with a very short dress in the same colour and high boots to her knees. Vanessa-Mae’s face looks very much made up with pinky lips and heavy expressive eye make-up with a lot of dark liner and shadow. Vanessa-Mae played the Toccata & Fugue on her electric violin. She is wired and plays live definitely. After her play she receives the award. Then Vanessa-Mae had to address the audience, which she did very nicely. She started politely with naming Princess Stephanie and Prince Albert of Monaco. She said that she considered the award a great honour and that she was very happy to be able to share her joy with the violin with so many others.

2 Good Morning America, November 1997

Vanessa-Mae looked as beautiful as she possible can be at this show. She was wearing that wonderful yellow silk Chinese style blouse that she has on my avatar. It is the first time that I have seen her without wearing anything over this blouse. It is such a great shirt in a very fine colour dark yellow with magnificently embroiders on it. A nice necklace was visible in the raised half open collar. Vanessa-Mae was wearing her blouse over black leather trousers. She had black leather boots with high heels. Vanessa-Mae’s face perfectly complexioned with a smooth foundation. Her eyes were well defined with some shadow, liner and mascara. A beautiful red lipstick adequately accentuates the fullness of her lips. I found our Vanessa-Mae exceptionally looking: very very beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So first the host introduced Vanessa-Mae. Then the host held a short interview. Vanessa-Mae was sitting on a couch and was very relaxed. The host sat on a chair beside her. There were the normal questions about how she started, nothing really new emerge from the conversation. The most interesting thing was when the host asked about the new classical album ‘China Girl.’ Vanessa-Mae answered that she lost her only connection with China when her grandfather died in 1994. She said that she considers herself as a Western girl of Chine descent and that she wants to explore her Chinese roots on the album.

Then she mentions that she had been in New York for the opening of Shanghai Tang’s boutique to perform for this event. A short scene of this show is then shown to the audience. Then the host announces that Vanessa-Mae will play ‘I’m a Doun’ after the break.

Then Vanessa-Mae plays the song on her acoustic violin. Her signing and play was clearly live performed. A keyboard player, a guitarist and a flautist were accompanying Vanessa-Mae. The song was interrupted by yet another commercial. After the commercial, the host asked Vanessa-Mae about the meaning of the nail of her right hand little finger. Vanessa-Mae explained that all band members had joined her in this to emphasize their unity as a group during the tour.

3 The View, November 1997

Vanessa-Mae performed again ‘I’m a Doun.’ This time she had an all red high necked very short dress with knee high boots. After the performance, the host briefly interviewed Vanessa-Mae. Nothing new emerged form this. Vanessa-Mae looked nice as always.

4 Donnie & Marie, April 1999

Donnie and Marie announce the performance of Vanessa-Mae in their show. They tell the audience that she will play ‘Devil’s Trill’ from her ‘The Original Four Seasons’ album. Vanessa-Mae had black trousers with splits at the back up to the back of her knees and open shoes with very high spike heels. Further, Vanessa-Mae was wearing a strapless pink top - she had those kind of tops in several colours for the OFS tour. She started her show wearing a black cowboy hat. Vanessa-Mae had short hair with blue stripes in it. And what about her face?? Vanessa-Mae had very heavy face-wear. Vanessa-Mae was made up with a very visible foundation and powder, her lips fully painted dark red with glossy lipstick. Her eyes had purple shadow that was faded all to her eyebrows and temples where it eventually vanished. She had lots of black mascara, liner and some glittering ornaments stick in the corners of her eyes. It must have taken ages to apply this all so perfectly.

Vanessa-Mae performed the ‘Devil’s Trill’ the way as I have seen it on German television before. The same kind of body movements and she finally throws her hat into the audience. Everyone is then clapping to reward her and then Vanessa-Mae walks around in the audience playing the final part as she walks back to the stage.

After the song there is some brief talking with Donnie and Marie. They asked Vanessa-Mae what concerts were mmost memorable to her. She mentioned her Kremlin concert in mocow for the Storm World Tour and the Hong Kong re-unification concert as examples. Marie then asked the camera to zoom into Vanessa-Mae's face for a close-up to show her ornaments as eye decoration. The very heavy make-up on Vanessa-Mae’s face is very obvious to see then.

I am very much impressed by the make-up of Vanessa-Mae for this show, because she had it the same way during her ‘Original Four Seasons’ concert in Hamburg that I attended in May 1999. She stood right in front of me during that concert and I could observe her very well. I found her very impressive then.

This is the end of my review of this DVD. Any questions, just ask!!!
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

dEAR Rijko,
You must be very lucky to get all those fruits of yQhr work now. I only can purchase medias from amazon-Germany because I have no creditcard. I couldn't find such DVD there from this Brigitte Bardot of the mQhrganland. Thank you so far for that perfect recension.

Thank you for yQhr great work, yQhr amQhr
Ever an opnEAR
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

Hi Rijko,
Any questions, just ask!!!
no question, sir
nice explanation on review,
I can imagination by reading this
Here :bow: for you
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Are you encoding any for us to view?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I would like to do that, but don't know how!! Anyone any suggestions.
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

I only know of one DVD Ripper, and it doesn't work very well on my PC. Other users seem to really like it.

http://www.labdv.com/dvdx/

I can only record the main movie from DVD's with it. Other things, like Bonus Features, never seem to record right for me. Also, at it's best quality, the movie playback is similar to a fuzzy VHS quality. For one movie, I had several "rewinds". For another, each end of chapter (I record into chapters) was missing a half second (but this is the one I plan to purchase anyway). For a third, no problems except the fuzziness.
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

I found two rippers too:

1.DVD to avi not tested yet
2.DupDVD Copy at all tested with storm on worldtour

But not tested with copy protected DVDs

amQhr
Ever an opnEAR
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Rijko,
As you have seen from the CD I've send to you recently, I can 'rip' this DVD to MPEG or Svcd format with high quality. It takes some time, mostly 10 - 15 hours for a whole DVD. I can also rip just a few numbers, providing it's a real DVD format with seperate numbers. The MPEG quality is much better then Svcd, as you have seen earlier. With this (time taking) rip-method I keep the original format of the DVD file, so also the quality.

Iff I can help, just send me an e-mail and the file(s).

Regards,
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Gerrit (bijsterg)