Support Us!

VMF & FSVM announcements and server status
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hi everyone,

As you know, the forum and the website is being hosted at ICDsoft. Compared to the old free hosting we've had in past years, this host is both effective in cost and uptime! I think we've only had about one or two downtimes since we got it.

Most of the free hosts will not allow a forum our size to run on their servers. So please support us by making a small donation! We have so many active members here, that if everyone contributed a few dollars we'd have no problem surviving!

Our target is $40USD. So if you're interested in keeping this forum up and alive, please email me haidee@vanessamae.org with the amount you wish to contribute (I will then send you info on how you can make this contribution - this can be as small as $1). If we go over our target, we can push the money onto next year, or perhaps put it towards our bday projects.
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Id be happy to make a small contribution to the forum :laugh:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Aventine,

Ofcourse I am willing to contribute. I'll send you an email.
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

If you have a payPal account that is a very easy method for people to make contributions. And of course PayPal has many other uses and is no cost other that a small 3.4% fee per received payment. So a $5 contribution would give Aventine $4.83 with .17¢ going to PayPal fee,.. very good deal. PayPal handle many currencies too.
Glenn
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Hi Aventine,

You can also count me in :)

I agree with the gorgeous, Yummy! Glenn :kiss:
May be you should set up a PayPal account, this will
make it easier for payments to be made.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I think aventine has a paypal account already. A couple of forum members donated some money last year for the forum and website.
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Aventine, you may PM me your PayPal ID and I will make a donation.

If you post your ID I recommend you post an image of the text and not the text itself so it cannot be automatically collected for spam if your ID is an email address.
Haidee, I believe the VM fan community will take care of you/this.
Glenn
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I suggest that all who want to contribute money, contact Haidee and name the amount of their donation.

Haidee can then determine if enough money to cover for the costs will be raised. She can also provide all contributors her paypal id.

I don't think it is wise to mention the paypal id here in the forum, not even in a disguised format.

It will be good for this community if the costs were to be spread over as much members as possible.

Haidee, let's see what comes out of this. Keep us informed. I emailed you already about my donation.
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

you can count me in again
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hi everyone, thank you very much for the lively response! I have a Paypal account set up as this is what I use to pay for the hosting. Please send me an email if you'd like to contribute so I can send you the details. If you don't have Paypal, I think we can make other arrangements - but I'm with Glenn, Paypal is really convenient! :user:
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Hey Avantine ... good to hear from ya again ... you disapered for a feew weeks ...

Anyways ... count me in ... gonna get a paypal Account...

BTW , the hosting in 40 USD per year ? does that include DNS and domain name registration ? cause if it does its mighty cheap.

Atre
gaven
VMF Reg

Post by gaven »

:D i`ll be there also :bow:
gaven
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hi all,

Thank you very much for all those who have made a contribution so far!

Atriedes - FSVM and VM-F is hosted on ICDSoft. They have one plan for $60/year including domain. My domain was registered elsewhere, so I pay for that seperately (so my hosting costs me $50/year), but the DNS points to my hosting account at ICDSoft. I receive an additional 20% discount for being an existing customer so that comes out as $40/year. If you or anyone else is interested, I can purchase an account on behalf of friends for that price too.
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hi all again,

I would just like to let you guys know that we have raised enough money for another year of hosting service (which I have now renewed), with some leftovers which I will put towards next year's funding!

Thank you to all who donated generously!! :bow:
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

This is such wonderful News!
I think that this deserves a group hug
:grouphug:

I thank you Aventine (Queen of the Forum)
for such a wonderful Forum.
:bow: :kiss: :bow:
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk