Donations - We need your support!

VMF & FSVM announcements and server status
aventine
Site Admin

Donations - We need your support!

Post by aventine »

EDITED:

Thank you all members who have contributed in the past. As Benji has offered to host us for free, we will not be requiring donations this year. Your concerns are very much appreciated!

:grouphug:
Last edited by aventine on Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Aventine, I'll host vanessamae.org for free on my business server ... please email or PM me for details.
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

Now theres a name weve not seen around these parts for a while, how u going Benji?
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

Hey Benji,

Long time no hear.
How is life these days?? :wave:
Haboek :smokin:
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Trying to make a life out living like everyone else, thank you for asking.

Right now, I'm trying to save up for my violin, as the one now I absolutely HATE with shoddy workmanship and a horrible sound.

NEVER ever buy any instruments from Southwest Strings (http://www.swstrings.com), or any of these companies that are "jack of all trades" (selling anything from bongos to zylophones). By all means, buy an instrument (if you have to online) from a dealer that actually makes that instrument.

I've decided to purchase a "virtuoso" violin from http://www.stringworks.com

They seem to have excellent support, and even a message board where customers can post feedback (most have been overwhelmingly positive).

Here's two pictures of the "virtuoso", courtesy of a customer who purchased one:

Tell me what you think.

--Benjamin
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hey Benji, it sure looks fantastic. Keep us informed on this!!

Edited By Rijko Ebens on 1085344467
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

It is gorgeous Benji
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
bijsterg
Veteran

'' Money Failes: VM Fans Forum has to shut down! ''

Post by bijsterg »

'' VM Fans Forum has to shut down! ''

:? I'm sure that many of you would be amazed and very disappointed if this would be true! I hear you thinking: ''This will never happen'', but I'm not so shure about that.

A few members spend a lot of time and money (mostly out of their own pocket) to keep this Forum alive. However, as you can read in the other messages, they run out of money!

I therefore would like to ask all members to spend some money. Iff all of us would only spend 10 Euro or Dollar each year (less than 1 Euro or Dollar a month), it would probably be enough to pay the bills at least this year.

I will donate my share. If you also want to spend some money to keep this forum alive, please contact haidee@vanessamae.org.

Thanks a lot

Regards,
bijsterg: A worried member
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Thanks bijsterg for your concerns! Yes, this was the case about a month ago when we were still needing funds to support a paid hosting service. Luckily Benji stepped in and offered us his hosting services for free. Now we have a secure home :)

It's really great to see members willing to chip in. If we do get into any kind of trouble at least we know we can depend on you guys.
:bow: :finger: