Noodles top 6 songs that she listens to on her I-pod

If you've made any drawings, wallpapers, screensavers etc. dedicated to Vanessa-Mae, share them here!
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Noodles top 6 songs that she listens to on her I-pod

Post by Arioch »

Here is a clipping taken from a UK newspaper the Metro news 12 May 2005.
It is a short interview with our noodles on the subject of her top 6 songs
that she listens to on her I-Pod.

-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Very nice to see which music and singers she likes. Thanks for sharing!
Gerrit (bijsterg)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I was going to post that today but I see you beat me to it!

I must say I am surprised by her choices. I don't think I like any of them! Isn't it strange that someone whose music I admire so much can have such bad taste? :lol:

But it does show that she likes a wide variety of styles, which is probably why her own music is so diverse and interesting :)
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

I wonder: Did she mention these artist to make a connection or link between her own classical music and the taste of other (young) people, or does she realy love that "other" music style?
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Wow , i dont know any of these songs. Heck of the 6 artist i only know 1 by name, and id be hard pressed to name of of its songs.

I guess those must be brits artist that dont have mutch exposure in north america or asia ... Ohhh well, time to check Itunes and see what that stuff is like

Atre
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae answered questions about her record collection on a previous occasion, see:

Her favourite albums are:

1 Stephane Grappelli: 1935-43
2 Vanessa Paradis: Vanessa Paradis
3 Prince: Around the world in one day
4 Stan Getz & Astrud Gilberto: Gitanes
5 Diane Ross: Touch me in the morning
6 Marvin Gaye: Let's get it on
7 Sade: Diamond Life
8 Claudio Arrau: Chopin piano concertos
9 The Doors: The very best of
10 Aretha Franklin: I never love a man the way I love you

When asked about my favourites, my preferences will differ from day to day depending on my mood and on the music I listened to recently the past days before. I guess this is the way it goes for most people and Vanessa-Mae will probably not be an exception. One thing is for sure, Vanessa-Mae will always be on my list.

Anyway, 5 artists and bands from the list above are among my favourites as well.

For me it is no surprise that Vanessa-Mae has such a divers taste for music considering her own discography with a versatile adaption of very divers styles of music making.

The article mentioned above is in complte scans available on my website at:

scans of articles on Vanessa-Mae
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

DavidM wrote:I was going to post that today but I see you beat me to it!

I must say I am surprised by her choices. I don't think I like any of them! Isn't it strange that someone whose music I admire so much can have such bad taste? :lol:

But it does show that she likes a wide variety of styles, which is probably why her own music is so diverse and interesting :)
You're right. Some of the stuff she mentions is good. Most of it is worthless though. Christina??? Sure, she can sing, but she's just a marketing gimmick. They say jump, she says how high? Oh, I think I'm starting to feel nauseous. :scratch:
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

Here are 5 of Vanessa-Mae's top 10 videos as shown on MTV Asia in May 2001:

1. Destiny - #1
2. Everytime JANET JACKSON - #2
3. Everything Hurts REM
4. Eternal Flame by ?
5. Beautiful Stranger MADONNA

Forgot the other 5.
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Ok, I don't really like any of the stuff on her iPod list. I mean, sometimes pop songs like Christina are fun when you're just goofing around with your friends... um, but I would never admit to having those on my iPod, lol. The only time I'd listen to them is if they play it on the radio in my car, cos my car doesn't have a cd player. I'm not really into dance music either.

I like her top 5 album choices better... Grappelli, Getz/Gilberto, Aretha Franklin, hehe.

She doesn't like romantic mushy stuff? I don't really like "minimalistic" music. I like rich stuff with heaps of layers. I hope she doesn't do "minimalism" in the future though!