The Red Violin

Talk about movies, old and new. What's good and what's not.
wylde8

The Red Violin

Post by wylde8 »

OK, I guess this is somewhat related. Recently, I finally had the chance to sit down and watch The Red Violin with Samuel L. Jackson. For those who don't know, its a story about the events and people one particular violin goes through from the time it was made until the present.

Has anyone else seen this movie? What did you think? Personally, I loved it and thought it was very clever and well done. Joshua Bell did some fantastic work for the soundtrack as well.

Brett
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

No, I haven't seen it; actually never heard of this movie before. I will try to get it.

Thanks for mentioning it here!
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Yes , i ve seen it several times and i own it on DVD. Its actually one of my favorite movie altought i m more of a fiction and action kindda guy. That movie won several awards in 1998 including in Cannes i belive.

The way the story is told is very interesting. Its a serie of short stories centered around the history of that violin over a period of 400 years, and they keep jumping back and forth in time. And you keep jumping locations as well, Cermona , Vienna, Oxford, Shanghai and Montreal.

The over all story is pretty strong and belive me, with all the jumping its impossible to get the overall line and be able to guess whats gonna happen next. You will shocked by many scenes.

As for the soundtrack ... well ... It is insane and it create the right atmosphere for the movie.

That movie is a MUST.

Atre.
P.S. Guys , that is definatively a movie you want to see with a woman... and if your a woman ... well ... call me... :lol: