We need your support!

VMF & FSVM announcements and server status
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hi all,

Hope you're all well, and of course highly anticipating Vanessa-Mae's new album. :cool:

As you may know, VMF/vanessamae.org is a non-profit community for Vanessa-Mae fans from all around the world. Its existence relies on the generous support of members who are willing to contribute a little to the hosting costs.

Because of the high amount of traffic we receive from avid fans, and also from those curious to know more about our favourite violinist, we can no longer rely on free hosting services. Members have been really happy with the improved speeds, and virtually no downtime experienced with our current host (as opposed to what we had before, some frustrating times!) - plus the bigger MB limit, allowing us to host more successful photo galleries etc.

We've had a huge amount of support in previous years, thanks to enthusiastic fans who each contributed a little. :bow:

Currently, we are about half-way towards our goal of raising enough funds for another year of VMF and vanessamae.org

So, if you have a few dollars to spare, please contact me via PM or send an email to haidee@vanessamae.org

It would be great if you have access to PayPal, or else donations can be sent via post or Western Union etc. Please contact me for arrangements.

We're relying on you guys! Keep it red hot. :grouphug:
karen

Post by karen »

Hi! Maybe we can put some advertisements on this site. Like those pay-per-click ads by google. My brother has them on his sites and the money seems to be pretty good when traffic is heavy.
https://google.com/adsense

Hope this can help. =)
Karen
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

mr. popup >> :spank: << joe_mate
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

I'm definitely with Joe on the pop ups. We really got the worst of them with our ezboard experience.

So, definitely no pop ups.

I guess we could consider a banner ad in a non-intrusive place? Do you guys think it would undermine the whole VMF/vanessamae.org experience? I don't know, but it would be nice to get some sponsors so we won't have to worry about the bill every year. :bbutbut:
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

_IF_ they bring money, I'd recommend VM related ads from:

1). Sony Music, Zeta

2). Amazon, or other places to buy new VM CDs (look into YesAsia as being a referrer, this can be done via a link as well as an ad).

3). Ebay, or other places to buy used VM stuff.

4). Hmmm ... anyone else have ideas?
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

How does this advert sponsorship work?
Is it similar to Karens idea?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Yeah, I was thinking about VM related ads only (well, that means music, VM, stuff that people visiting this site would actually be interested in).

Not sure about approaching Sony - what are the chances they'd want to pay to advertise VM on a fansite? Well, I guess there's no harm in asking... ???

I think ebay and cd stores would be easy to hook up ads with. I'll check it out and see which is best. Will probably aim to do it for next year though, if we're going to follow through.

Street_rat and I are actually working on some adjustments to the site to include some of that old stuff we had on the old FSVM - e.g. the biography, instruments, VM Fans section etc. What was I thinking when I left those out??? We'll keep in mind the possibility of the sponsor thing though. Focusing more on USABILITY more than anything this time.

So... guys we still need your support this year! :;):
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Well, I am not so fond of adds, but if you guys decide on ihis then it is a fine with me.

Sony would be great to have but I have no clue on their policy on matters like this.

Anyway as Aventine mentioned already, we need contributions from our members now.

I made my donation already; who is willing to do the same!!!!!!!!!!
karen

Post by karen »

those pay-per-click ads i metioned are not pop-up advertisements. they're just banners. check out these sites : www.rc-car-tips.com ; www.webphil.com ; www.health-fitness-beauty.com

you get to pick the type [whether it's for music, cars, fashion etc] of ads that will appear on the banner.
Karen
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Big Big major problem that I can see...

If we ask Sony to Sponsor the Forum they might
not be to happy about us sharing files.
Remember what we are doing is illegal!!!!

Also I do not see that Sony will be willing to pay
for competition.
Has Aventine has said "there is no harm in asking"
Just bare in mind the copy right infringement that
we have made.

Karen's suggestion could be the best solution.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
HammurabY
Location: Does it matter? We shouldn't act to a person better or worse as his/her country. But it is Turkey...

I accept Karen's idea too...

Post by HammurabY »

Yup, Karen's idea is best. When this site has those per-click-pay's or whatever they are, we all will click whenever we are online, just for nothing. It will earn you a lot I guess. Also I want to ask: does Vanessa Mae has any idea about this forum and is she sharing the pay with admins? Is she payin' too I wonder. Anyway I promise to click evertime I become online. But don't let those stupit windows of per-click pay's to show up if we don't want. I hate it when I'm doin something or writing something they show up like boom and does't allow me to write.
Sorry for my bad Enlish, I tried my best to write this... :)
Vanessa Mae is the best and always be so. That's what I believe...
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hey HammurabY

This announcement was made more then 2 years ago. The financing of the site and forum has been taken care of and is assured for a long period.

Vanessa-Mae certainly knows about the site and forum. We send her birthday cards and some present ever since 2000 when this forum was established.

We will do so again this year. If you want to participate, keep a regular eye on the boards for future announcements on this years 'bday project for Vanessa-Mae.'