Anyone have a cool car/motorcycle?

Anything goes...
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Wow, arup. You turned one of those Mazda Astinas into that! That's pretty unbelievable... I'm impressed as I don't know how to do anything to cars except drive one, lol. Did you do all that work yourself?

Those are some pretty flash cars on your list Atreides. So you like to change cars every few years eh?

I saw some of those fuel saving cars on TV last week. The Toyota Prius and Honda Hybrid looks pretty neat. The petrol price is kind of crazy right now (and inevitably oil will run out) so I'm definitely looking at fuel saving cars as an option for after I graduate. I've always wanted a VW Golf or Polo though, so I might still get one. They're pretty fuel efficient according to about.com.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I saw some of those fuel saving cars on TV last week
Talking about fuel saving cars, has any one seen that concept car
Ford have designed and built that runs on sea water?
Good looking car.

http://www.h2cars.biz/artman/publish/article_214.shtml

http://www.h2cars.biz/artman/publish/article_71.shtml

and check out this model kit car..
http://www.zeesstore.com/zeesstore/prod ... ucts_id=44
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
hehuiyong

Post by hehuiyong »

though already have licence for 3 years, but now even forget how to drive.
en...and have no idea about the cars, i am now 23, and working hard for collecting money for my study in UK, so now have no plans to buy a car. but i like BMW, may be later i will buy a 4wd
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

@Aventine:

Thanx Haidee! Yes, I did it all by myself! It began slowly and then I was in love at that car (And still I am)...

There are a lot of working hours in it but when I drive around, all the people are jalous and give me compliments! Thats cool to see....

My car and VM are the popular hobbies of my...
-ThIs MeSsAgE WaS PoStEd By:-

...ArUp, ThE OnE ThAt AlWaYs MaKeS YoU HaPpY...
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Those are some pretty flash cars on your list Atreides. So you like to change cars every few years eh?
Actually the VW is the one i ve had for the longest so far, I m very happy with it. But its time for me to get rid of it before it completely loses its trade-in value. I drive well over 30k km per year and the canadian weather aint exacly easy on cars.

I m very disapointed with the new VW product these days, they are not priced competitively, the A3 is not mutch more expensive then a golf GTI ot a Jetta VR6 and have comparable performance. So for a 3 or 4 thousand dollars more then i payed my Jetta back in the days I can get a more luxurious Audi or BMW with a mutch better warranty and better trade-in value in a few years. So its not a bad investment ... if a car can ever be considered an investment ... it more a money pit then anything else.

If you want a Golf Haidee, buy the 2.0 ones , dont go for the GTI's they are WAYYYYYY overpriced.

Atre.
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

Actually Atreides, maintenance on Audi's or BMW's is ridiculous. So, while the initial price may be close, the cash outlay over the duration of your ownership won't be. I know because I have my Jaguar. If I didn't do everything myself, I could never afford the car.

By the way, I'm down to 2 cars now. Someone totalled my truck about 3 weeks ago. So now I'm down to the Jag and the Charger. Hopefully I'll have a new used truck here in a couple days. I've got my eye on one. Its crazy that I can't imagine how people get buy with less than 3 cars!

Brett
Atreides
Veteran

Post by Atreides »

Maintenance on VW is pretty rediculous as well altought not as bad as audi even tought VW and Audi are the same company. I have considered the maintenance in my choices, I m used to pay pretty high hourly rates and expensive parts... My Jetta was unfortunaltly made in mexico ... so it broke down aloth in the past 2 years... just after my 80km warranty was over :x .. 2 coils, turbo valves , 3 power windows, some electrical problems, 1 suspension part ... ... ..

I have talked to my insurance company today... I m unfortunatly gonna drop the RX-8 from the list even tought i want one soooooo bad ... The insurance cost on that car is ridiculous... over 2600 dollars a year and thats with a 1000 franchise, no original value clause, and they force me to put in a tracking system that cost 300$ a year.

So i guess i ll consider the Jetta VR6 and the Mazda 6 Sport as well ...

Atre.
arup75
Veteran

Post by arup75 »

Mazda 6 sport is also a fabolous wagon... Personally, I like Japanese cars... The technic is superb, and they guaranteed long driving fun... I think I always go drive Japanese cars or asian cars, cause the simple thing is that those cars never have left me alone... They always drive, wheater or no weather....

I often dream about a bmw m6 but the price is so enourmous hi...
-ThIs MeSsAgE WaS PoStEd By:-

...ArUp, ThE OnE ThAt AlWaYs MaKeS YoU HaPpY...