i want to buy the 1991 the first album...

Announce links to auctions and items from other sites or shops eg. ebay and amazon.
hehuiyong

i want to buy the 1991 the first album...

Post by hehuiyong »

yes, i want to buy the first vanessa-mae album, that named "the violin"
or something else. i look for it for a long time but just cannot find it.
could fans here give me an advice? and i will say thank you so much.
he huiyong
in beijing china
aventine
Site Admin

Post by aventine »

Hi hehuiyong, welcome to the forum! Do you mean this one?

I think this was released in 1990.

Unfortunatley, I can't find it on ebay or Amazon UK, or froogle. I'm not sure if you can still get this CD new... maybe second hand? I don't have this CD myself unfortunately, but I know Rijko has - but he probably bought it during the 90s. Maybe he can help you.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I had this one form Daisy in Hong Kong. Vanessa-Mae's 'Violin' debut cd was still available there. I have seen it on ebay also a couple of times, not recently though. I'll keep on eye on it.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

hehuiyong you are not the only one looking for this CD, I have been looking for it for 3 years now,
I will see if i can pick it up in Hong Kong this coming November.
It seems that this CD is a rarity and a collectors item, expect prices to be high on ebay
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
hehuiyong

Post by hehuiyong »

yes, i know it is really difficult to find it. i can guess that this one is released years ago, so i do not expect for new... anyway, if i could get one new, i will be so lucky...
so second hand will do. and hope one day could get it.
keep an eye on it 2...
hehuiyong

Post by hehuiyong »

and what about other albums Kids Classics released in 1991 and Tchaikovski & Beethoven Violin Concertos released in 1991 ?
ebay seems no these valuable albums there. any advice?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I bought the Tchaikovsky and Beetvoven violin concerto in 1992 in a record store and the Kids Classics via a Belgium online record shop, I ghuess in 2000. This online shop does not exist anymore.

I have seen both these cd at ebay a few times, jsut like the debut cd Violin.

It is just a matter of keeping an eye on ebay. They will appaer again, only you can't tell when.

Also, prices can go sky high if you have to bid against an other devoted fan. But maybe you are lucky and the item remains practically unnoticed and you are the only bidder.
hehuiyong

Post by hehuiyong »

thank you Rijko. i know it must be expensive, but i think it is worth.
still waiting for that album...
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

The music was re-released on 'The Classical Collection' 3cd box in 2000. Of course a dedicated fan also wants to have the original recordings.
hehuiyong

Post by hehuiyong »

'The Classical Collection' ? i think i have remembered the album, and that album is all about the classical one. yes, surly we all want the orignal one , because those are really valuable to collect, and of course the 3 cds also need to be collected, and i am now searching for all kinds of released albums in different countries. well, compared to you all true VM fans , it is a little late to collect things about VM. but years ago , i have collected all the tapes of her album, and not the cds. so now i am now adding the collecting stuffs of cds. and really it should be a long time work to do, and you know , now the most valuable of VM collections of mine is a signed pic about 8 years ago. i love it so much. and it is good to know you all guys, Rijko, and Arioch ,aventine and so on , i can see so many really good stuff that you collected for decates. those stuff is really great! so in a word, long way to go! bye the way, hope you all have good weekend, and of course including vanessa-mae!!! :)
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I would like to apologise to wild8 for the out bidding on ebay,
Sorry! i have been trying to win it for 3 years :(
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
wylde8

Post by wylde8 »

Hey Arioch, don't worry about it. I don't like to get bidnapped on Ebay, but I saw that it was you, so I just kinda laughed. After all, you probably deserve to win it more than anyone. I'm getting used to it. Until I get a computer of my own again, I have to do my bidding at work, so I'm not there when a lot of auctions end.

I feel your pain though. I've been trying to get a copy for a while too. Enjoy your CD!

Brett
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I had never even heard of this "Violin" CD. Can somebody tell me what music is on it?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Here is a scan of the track listing as it is in the booklet:

Just click the thumbnail to view a larger image.

This was Vanessa-Mae's debut cd released on a private label partly owned by her mother in 1990. In 1991 followed the release of her 'Kids Classics' and 'Tchaikovsly & Beethoven violin concertos' cd's on the same label.

So basically, our girl is professionally involved in music since 1990 aged 12.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Anyway, see the following links to the tracklistings of the 2nd and 3rd recordings of Vanessa-Mae, both released in 1991:

track lisitng Kids Classics

track listing Tchaikovsly & Beethoven violin concertos