Vanessa Mae's Videos

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Picnic

Re: Vanessa Mae's Videos

Post by Picnic »

TonyGH05VM wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:06 pm
Picnic wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:31 pm In my opinion, she is to blame for doing so.
Okay, the truth is that I have not delved much into that subject, but following what you tell me well, at first I think that all countries can become corrupt in some way or another😅, at second Vanessa-Mae knows that she is a public figure so I don't think that she knowing this, and that there are rules to enter a competition, she will use her fame to enter the competition, or from a test with a false result from her tournament organization, and if so, I believe that She would think twice, knowing that she can be discovered and her image could be affected, Vanessa has been practicing that sport for a long time according to what I know, and we could also take into account that several factors could make her test to enter not coincided with her performance during the real test, sometimes not everything turns out the same and this may be due to nerves or I do not know🤷🏻‍♂️ ... Thirdly, I think that Vanessa already paid the consequence (if she was guilty ...), this was the exposure and "public humiliation" that she passed when released this news, whether or not it was true :? ... I think that was the FIS 'mistake: claiming that it was cheating when they did not have enough evidence, and then reversing the decision. I do not know if my arguments are understood, I do not know much about the subject ... In my opinion it is something that has already happened and it is better to remember the good things she has done ... ;)
Well, she has been exonerated by the International Sport Tribune (CAS). So that is it and she was not to blame under the weak rules of FIS, and her personal involvement in fraud was not proven.

However, Vanessa-Mae was not able to qualify during normal FIS tournaments, and she decided to buy herself a tournament in Slovenia. Now, every person with average intelligence can understand that such is not the intention of a sports organization, though such was not explicitly forbidden under the rules of FIS. She acted as a spoiled rich girl and bought what she wanted to have but could not get on her own merits.

This changed the way I look at her. But officially, legally, she was not to blame. I blame her morally, she violated the integrity of the sport; that is how I see it! It says something about her character.

But she remains a beautiful woman, and her music is fabulous, but I simply don't like her anymore as a person.
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

Well, everyone will have their perspective of her, many things have happened, and definitely all of a sudden not everything was as we expected with her ...
Well, here is a video, that I had not seen before, of Art On Ice 2000 ..

youtu.be/4iIe5Hhh3qg
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

TonyGH05VM wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:48 pm Well, everyone will have their perspective of her, many things have happened, and definitely all of a sudden not everything was as we expected with her ...
Well, here is a video, that I had not seen before, of Art On Ice 2000 ..
Nice find! I've never seen this before ...
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

I believe that everyone has made any mistake in life somehow, hasnt you?.
Perhaps she is not proud of what she did (if she really did), but I consider we can think more of encouraging her to make new music rather than remembering about the past.
I dont think that is a good idea to blame someone for something the rest of your life. Of course there will always be things we dont like about somebody we look up to, but we should focus on the positive side more and cross fingers so that she performs soon somewhere.
Picnic

Post by Picnic »

zeta wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:00 am I believe that everyone has made any mistake in life somehow, hasnt you?.
Perhaps she is not proud of what she did (if she really did), but I consider we can think more of encouraging her to make new music rather than remembering about the past.
I dont think that is a good idea to blame someone for something the rest of your life. Of course there will always be things we dont like about somebody we look up to, but we should focus on the positive side more and cross fingers so that she performs soon somewhere.
Sure, everyone makes mistakes in life. It is what you do with your mistakes, and what you learn from your mistakes, that defines you as a person!

Vanessa-Mae has always mentioned that she did nothing wrong in her quest to qualify for the Olympics 2014! So, I think she would do it again.

Moreover, Vanessa-Mae performed in Chechnya, on October 5 at the celebration for the festive opening of a glitzy new skyscraper complex, Grozny-City, in the capital, an event that coincided with the 35th birthday of the controversial Chechen president Kadyrov, a dictator known for his massive violations of human rights. She accepted an alleged 500K in USD for her 20 minutes performance. Many other celebrities who made the mistake to give acte pressence in this event showed their remorse and returned the money, or gave it away to charity.

So not our Vanessa-Mae: she refused to comment and hold the money in her pocket!

I think that is pretty much spoiled rich girl behavior as a serious flaw in her character.

It is everyone's own choice how to evaluate this. I take a consequence that I don't like her anymore as a person, but the quality of her music and violin handling is beyond any doubt!!!

That is how I look at it.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

Well, maybe she shouldnt have performed there, but she has done many performances for charity during her life, and she still is. I myself am not mr right at all, and I have made many mistakes in my life because sometimes you dont realise what you are doing. So I am sure none of us is a saint. I didnt like it when I heard about that from Vanessa neither, but well, I dont think she would do it again.
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

Well finally the conclusion is that, everyone will see and evaluate these situations as they want, but also we will not always be emphasizing and re-emphasizing the bad things that she could have been done ... 🤷🏻‍♂️
Today Vanessa-Mae is not as well known as other violinists, and well the best we can do is hope and encourage her, perhaps, that she brings out new music, finally (again) everyone will know how to see it, I personally do not want to lose the magic of "platonic love" that I have for her and her music, I focus more on the good and I can even justify their mistakes, all artists have gone through some situation like this, but you are still right, it is the way you learn from your mistakes that will define you in the end ...
Maybe Vanessa-Mae had that remorse inside her, and did not share it publicly, ( it is that finally we do not know the absolute truth well ...😅), and she has also won many people who from loving her turned to hating her so that's more than enough I suppose ... Let's hope for the new of her, already the bad past, is stepped on (I think this)... :D
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

This is a good song, which we don't often hear in the hands of Vanessa-Mae ... From 2018 on the Athens Riviera ...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjrjKO6H4LL ... =copy_link
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

This video is curious, perhaps a little irrelevant, but I find it interesting to see Vanessa-Mae at this gala even for a moment, she acted in this event I think, unfortunately in this video there is not her performance ... It is curious to see her there. .. ;)
Min. 3:05 , 31:10 (at other times in the video you can also see her)

youtu.be/9YlbYVeg930
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

Hi hi to the whole forum, I would like to know if someone here happens to have a video in which Vanessa-Mae would be about 12 years old and appears playing Adelaide in The Style Of Mozart, with Vasko Vassilev leading a group of 4 or 5 musicians from rope.?? Maybe someone saved it. ??? It had been available on YouTube 🥺
Picnic

Post by Picnic »

TonyGH05VM wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:04 pm Hi hi to the whole forum, I would like to know if someone here happens to have a video in which Vanessa-Mae would be about 12 years old and appears playing Adelaide in The Style Of Mozart, with Vasko Vassilev leading a group of 4 or 5 musicians from rope.?? Maybe someone saved it. ??? It had been available on YouTube 🥺
I do not remember this video, but if it has been available then it was probable shared via this forum. I am not able to find it easily on old hard drives, cd's or elsewhere in my collection.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

I do remember. Afterwards she had an interview with Terry Wogan. I watched it on YouTube but it seems it was deleted.
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

zeta wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:04 am I do remember. Afterwards she had an interview with Terry Wogan. I watched it on YouTube but it seems it was deleted.
Do you remember the name of the program she was on?
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

I think it was called Talk show Wogan. Maybe in 1991 and it was something like this:

youtu.be/aAAcKxsV_1E
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

Okay I'll do an exhaustive search, see if by chance it is still on the internet ...