My second love: Tanita Tikaram

For musos and music appreciaters alike, talk about music of any kind from everywhere.
bijsterg
Veteran

My second love: Tanita Tikaram

Post by bijsterg »

As some of you know allready, my second music love is Tanita Tikaram. For the young once, Tanita is probably a name without any recognition. For the oldies her name stands for a "dark voiced" female singer of the '80 and '90. Since a few months she is back again with her new jazzy CD "Sentimental", brought to us with the same dark voice.

If anyone of you finds some Music Video files of her, please let me know, for these kind of files are very rare.

Thanks in advance!
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Gerrit,

Yes, I know that you admire Tanita Tikaram very much.

I remember her from her debut cd ancient Heart in 1988 with memorable songs like Good Tradition and Twis In My Sobriety.

I have been to a concert of her that year in Groningen. It was a good concert but Tanita Tikaram was very sober in concert setting and communication with the audience.

Comes to my mind at this very moment, our Vanessa-Mae was only about 10 years old at that time.
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Rijko,
Tanita is still very sober with concerts. You should expect that she would promote her new CD with lots of concerts, all over Europe and perhaps even Amerika. But no, no concerts at all are planned! Only some spare interviews on radio and TV, combined with a song or two. Thats all folks!

So, what is left are the rare Music Video files of performances in the old times and some recent recordings of a TV interview. Luckely her special music is still very good and available in shops or sites like eBay.

But I don't want to put a CD in my player to hear her sing. What I Want Is A Concert Somewhere In Europe!
Gerrit (bijsterg)