Another question

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Another question

Post by Xanthippe »

Have you ever seen the video of her Storm tour?, it is a wonderful video and it is impossible to get it. I have a copy I recorded from TV a long time ago but the quality is pretty bad and I would like to know if you guys know where I can find a good copy.

The video is about her tour in China, Russia and other places, she plays Can Can on a stage shaped like a violin and she has an amazing presentation of Bach's prelude with fireworks , it is really fun, anybody familiar with it? does anybody know where I can get a copy???

Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:05 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

storm on world tour is well known on these forums, and i agree it is a wonderfull vid, there seem to be two copies running around though, i forget the difference.
theres a few people here with webspace that might put it up or be able to send it on cd.

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hello Anna,

Welcome on board of this great Vanessa-Mae fans forum.

The Storm On World Tour movie received great attention in this forum, and keeps under discussion from time to time.

I wrote an extensive review that is available at my website, see:

Storm On World Tour review

I possess a good quality copy of this wonderful video! It is almost 700Mb.

We did file sharing in this forum via Bijstergs server but unfortunately this is not possible anymore for now.

I am willing to send you a copy on cdrom if your interested. Please send me a private message for your address details then.

BTW, I moved this topic from the review to the general discussion board.

http://www.vanessa-mae.nu
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

I have her Storm on World tour appearance in Beijing; indeed it is a nice video, and the violin shaped stage is very nice.

For a concert, this was an extremely long one ... here's what I remember her playing (off the top of my head)

- Hocus Pocus
- Retro
- Aurora
- Brahms Scherzo
- Sadness of Love
- ??? Unknown classical piece (it was also played on the Red Hot Tour video)
- Paganini's Moses Variation on a G String tuned to a B-Flat
- Leyenda (acoustic)
- I Can (Can You?)*
- Cotton Eye Joe
- Contradanza
- Bach Street Prelude*
- Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
- Red Hot
- I'm a Doun for Lack O' Johnnie
- Happy Valley (acoustic)
- Storm*
- I Can (Can You?)* (encore)

* These pieces were mimed.
eva03
VMF Elite

Post by eva03 »

Benji wrote: - ??? Unknown classical piece (it was also played on the Red Hot Tour video)
A movement from Shostakovich Piano trio.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

'The Storm On World Tour' movie is a great video. It should be released in a special DVD box a.s.a.p.

It isa such a great and woderful impression to what Vanessa-Mae is capable to when she is out their playing live on stage for her fans.

Really fabulous shots from her live concerts with great achievements live on stage of our beloved Vanessa-Mae
jorgemae

Post by jorgemae »

I have the Storm on world Tour in VHS, just as your, taped from TV, but the quality is very good! I don't use this tape to keep the quality of video.

Give me a time, i promise you to pass the video to a DVD keeping the original quality and will send you to your home via postal mail.

I still owe you a lot, Rijko! :D
Jorgemae
The Vanessa-Mae argentinean fan #1
Buenos Aires, Argentina