I played Vanessa Mae Music!

For musos and music appreciaters alike, talk about music of any kind from everywhere.
MSam
VMF Reg

I played Vanessa Mae Music!

Post by MSam »

I recently played at a concert. I was invited to play at the start and at the end. I decided to play some Vanessa Mae since its got lots of different moods.

I ended up playing a lot of pieces. Started off the concert with Sabre Dance, Art of War, Devil's Trill (Twice), Aurora, Roxanne's Veil and Classical Gas (Reggae Mix). They're very easy to remember, so I went up there without music. They also went down very well, with everyone cheering at the end of each of them (even though it was supposed to be backing music).

To finish of the concert, I played Storm. It was awesome, with me getting a loud cheer at the end.

I also got heaps of compliments on the choice of music (as well as compliments on my playing!). I told a lot of people Vanessa Mae was behind it all, so we may have some new fans! :)

Just thought some of you would like to know, since Vanessa inspired me to play! :)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hey MSam,

That is great, congratulations on your performance!

Maybe, one day a newbie tells this story from his/hers perspective sitting in the audience.