Vanessa-Mae speaks to her fans: a new album next year

New CD releases, TV appearances, articles, tourdates etc.
Xanthippe

Vanessa-Mae speaks to her fans: a new album next year

Post by Xanthippe »

I will be in studio next year working on bringing more music to you soon.", says Vanessa-Mae in her address to her best fans as feedback to the presents and questions that were sent to her for the 7th consecutive year since the start of the annual bday projects of the Vanessa-Mae Fans Forum in 2000.

Highlighs of her answers are as follows:

"Without a listener, there is no music. So thank you so much for your support over the years and listening to my music through the seasons. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year and I will be in studio next year working on bringing more music to you soon."

Vanessa-Mae's plan for her new album is to take a more classical and orchestral approach with inspiration from the great ballet and opera themes. It will not be released before next Autumn.

The release of Vanessa-Mae's biography was halted out of respect for the privacy of her parents' divorce a few years ago but there is now so much to add since the first draft in 2001. Vanessa-Mae wants to speak about her life so will be gearing up to add more chapters after the release of her next album.

For more details, see in the Vanessa-Mae general discussion board:

http://forum.vanessamae.org/viewtopic.php?p=10611#10611
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Once again thank you Rijko,
To see our Noodles reply and this year so soon is wonderful :)
I am so much looking forward to listening to her new album next year :)
It warms my Heart to know that Noodles is aware that we are here and
to have her thank us all.
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

It's good to hear she's doing well for herself. It is surprising to hear that her next album is going to be classically themed, more orchestral, featuring opera and ballads. I thought for sure her next album would be a pop album. Perhaps, her taste in music or at least the music she wants to play has changed. I don't know how to feel about this project, but I will definately checked out. I might receive some flack for this, but I wasn't overly impressed with Choreography.

Perhaps it has something to do with her mother trying the classical-pop crossover with Vasko. Vanessa probably wants to distance herself from that part of her professional career. It's just that Vanessa's forte has always been making the violin relevant to today's music. I don't think going strictly classical is necessarily a very good thing, because she's an above average violinist when it comes to professionally playing music in the classical style. There are other violinists that are more expressive, and in some cases, with better technique. However, what those violinists lack is her personality, and how she can present the violin as a modern instrument without it feeling contrived. I'd like her to get back to that.
ashlee_tran

Thank You So Much!!

Post by ashlee_tran »

That's Hot!! I want sometime I can meet Vanessa-Mae in my country: Vietnam!! She's awesome than any artist that I've known. And the song that I've loved Is: Classical Gas. I've listened to it everyday, twice. Haha. Am I so weird???
-------AsHleE----(((^^^___^^^)))-------
MSam
VMF Reg

Post by MSam »

Hooray, a new album! I cant wait! :)

I hope it will be like the usual ones - 15/16 Classical Tracks with 1/2 pop tracks!
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Are you so weird???
Nope you are completely normal just like all of us weird people here :lol:

I too love classical gas especially the Stradosphere mix :wink:
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
New Blue Eyes

Post by New Blue Eyes »

I am so happy she will be doing another album based on the classics! :D

She is so versatile. She does a fantastic job in any genre. But I like the classics the best.

NBE
New Blue Eyes, V-M's #1 USA fan!
MSam
VMF Reg

Post by MSam »

Arioch wrote:Are you so weird???
Nope you are completely normal just like all of us weird people here :lol:

I too love classical gas especially the Stradosphere mix :wink:
Classical Gas is one of my favorites, its on my top 10 Vanessa Mae songs. :)
Havent had the pleasure of hearing the Stradosphere mix - its avalible on the I Feel Love Single right?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

MSam, yes it is. I can make it available for you as mp3 if you want me to. Just let me know!
MSam
VMF Reg

Post by MSam »

Rijko Ebens wrote:MSam, yes it is. I can make it available for you as mp3 if you want me to. Just let me know!
Thanks Rijko, as long as you have it lying around I would'nt say no to that! :D
Last edited by MSam on Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi MSam, I will get that for you! Ill send you a link this coming weekend.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Here is the Classicla Gas Stradisphere mix for those interested:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/qBVxU ... 95TA%3D%3D

The file is available for 7 days.
daniel
Veteran

Post by daniel »

vow vow I'm so happy to hear about that :lol: