REd Hot CD Single (question)

Announce links to auctions and items from other sites or shops eg. ebay and amazon.
DavidM

REd Hot CD Single (question)

Post by DavidM »

I found this item on eBay. Track list is:

RED HOT
AURORA (not previously available)
TOCCATA AND FUGUE IN D MINOR (single edit)

What I don't understand is Aurora not previously available. Is it the same Aurora as was released on Storm, or is it a different version?

I know the Red Hot single was released before Storm, so I guess it means not previously available - at the time the single was released! But if it's something new, I might want to bid on it ;)

The item is here, if anbody else is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VANESSA-MAE-Red-h ... dZViewItem

(I hope that link worked!)

Vanessa-Mae looks very young in the photograph. It's funny to see her like that and compare it with the woman she is now. I think her style choices have improved as she has matured :)
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

DavidM, you're right! It is the same version as on the Storm album. At the time of the release of the cd single it was indeed not previously available. Aurora was not part of the Violin Payer cd.
Benji
Site Admin

Re: REd Hot CD Single (question)

Post by Benji »

DavidM wrote:I found this item on eBay. Track list is:

RED HOT
AURORA (not previously available)
TOCCATA AND FUGUE IN D MINOR (single edit)

What I don't understand is Aurora not previously available. Is it the same Aurora as was released on Storm, or is it a different version?

I know the Red Hot single was released before Storm, so I guess it means not previously available - at the time the single was released! But if it's something new, I might want to bid on it ;)

The item is here, if anbody else is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VANESSA-MAE-Red-h ... dZViewItem

(I hope that link worked!)

Vanessa-Mae looks very young in the photograph. It's funny to see her like that and compare it with the woman she is now. I think her style choices have improved as she has matured :)
No, the version on Storm is completely different than the one on the Red Hot Single, though both versions have the same basic melody. I like the 'original' version that was on the Red Hot CD a bit better .. I like the 'sounds of nature', as Vanessa would call it in this version, compared to the version on Storm, which lacks this completely, and has more of an R & B-ish feel to it. However, in favor of the Storm version, this one was recorded with her acoustic violin, whereas the one found on the Red Hot Single was recorded with an electric violin, with some distortion.

P.S. You can find Aurora (Red Hot Single version), including the studio version of Paganini's 24th Caprice, on the Alternative Album, but that is out of print, and would be near impossible to find.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Yeah, correct, I was mistaken!

The version of Aurora on the Red Hot cd single and the Alternative album are more like Vanessa-Mae played it at her Red Hot Tour - see also the video tape or DVD.

At the Red Hot tour concerts, Vanessa-Mae intorduced the song as nature coming to live again after some world wide disaster. I like that version very much.

Both the Red Hot cd single and the Alternative Album appear on aution at ebay from time to time.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I have the Red Hot Tour video, but things always sound different live anyway so I would like to get this version.

I guess it would be better to leave the single and look for the Alternative Album instead because of the Paganini Caprice. But the bid on ebay is so low that I think I'll just bid on the single anyway.

Thnak you both for the information :)