New concert date for Vanessa-Mae's summer tour in Germany

New CD releases, TV appearances, articles, tourdates etc.
Xanthippe

New concert date for Vanessa-Mae's summer tour in Germany

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae announced an extra concert date for her summer tour in Germany. The extra concert is scheduled on July 3 in Bochum.

For more details and how to order tickets online see Vanessa-Mae: Saying Power On Strings
bijsterg
Veteran

Post by bijsterg »

Rijko and I will certainly be present at one of these concerts. We already booked the concert and hotelrooms in Hamburg on the 2nd of July. Is their someone else in Holland who would like to join us?
Gerrit (bijsterg)
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Hey Rijko , are you going to one of them?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Benji
Site Admin

It's time that we get a concert that everyone can enjoy

Post by Benji »

Whoever goes, I think we should make a real strong effort to get this concert recorded. For some of us, it has literally been 6+ years since we've seen any live concerts from Vanessa-Mae. Vanessa-Mae has limited her tours to a few countries (Germany seems to be a favorite, along with China/Thailand/Russia). It is highly unlikely that those of us living in other countries will have the opportunity to see Vanessa-Mae live. Likewise, I don't anticipate any live concert videos like we've seen in the past.

Now, I understand that some concert halls have security guards monitoring for this so we would have to be careful.

Step one would be finding out who exactly is going, and step two is getting a high-quality camcorder. I would be even willing to donate to purchasing this for whoever goes.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi Arioch,

Gerrit and I are going to Vanessa-Mae's concert in Hamburg. Of course I will write an extensive review on the show.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

I agree with Benji It would be nice if we could get some sort of recording of these concerts, It has been so long since I have seen our Noodles perform live, How I miss her :(

Talking of recording, Rijko are you going to take your camera again?
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Arioch, yeah I'll tale my camera with me. I hope to have the opportunity to make some nice photos of our girl Vanessa-Mae, as we are sitting close to the stage.
richy

Recording Zagreb

Post by richy »

I am going to Zagreb and have a front seat. Does anybody know what the form is on live recording ?
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi richy,

I know that Vanessa-Mae has no objections towards a fan taking photos for personal use as long as no flashlights are used. However, I very much doubt if she would appreciate live recording and filming.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I have never been to a concert that allows recording, and I have seen equipment confiscated and even people thrown out for trying it. It usually says on your ticket (on the back) that recording equipment is not allowed.

But I have been to many concerts where people have secretly recorded. It depends how careful you are and how alert the officials are. But the front row isn't a great place for it -- you're too exposed to view.

Personally I wouldn't risk it. It's not worth the chance of being thrown out.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

DavidM wrote:I have never been to a concert that allows recording, and I have seen equipment confiscated and even people thrown out for trying it. It usually says on your ticket (on the back) that recording equipment is not allowed.

But I have been to many concerts where people have secretly recorded. It depends how careful you are and how alert the officials are. But the front row isn't a great place for it -- you're too exposed to view.

Personally I wouldn't risk it. It's not worth the chance of being thrown out.
Unfortunately, this is the only option to get any kind of relevant concert footage from Vanessa-Mae.

If I was there, and Vanessa asks me why I recorded her concert, I'd simply tell her "Most of your fans are in countries you no longer visit, and haven't seen a live concert performance from you in 7-10 years. If you don't like your concerts being secretly recorded, you can help by seeing to it that your concerts are available for sale, or you can even hire an amateur recording crew to do so and just make it available for sale through your site. You may not realize it but there are thousands of fans who feel left out in the cold; you don't have an updated site, we have no means of contacting you or even a PR person as a go-between, and again, no concert footage of any kind."

That about sums it up for me.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I have almost been thrown out simple because of making photos at Vanessa-Mae's concerts, although I definitely know that vanessa-Mae herself doesn't mind that at all. She often walks throught the audiences at the end of the show and she is almost posing in front of fans with cameras, smiling towards the person to allow a nice photo to be taken.

Security people of the venue have a look on photography and recording equipment and they simple throw you out after one notification without asking any further questions or anything else.