Review on Vanessa-Mae's concert in Hamburg, July 2

Post reviews on concerts, albums, and anything else.
Xanthippe

Review on Vanessa-Mae's concert in Hamburg, July 2

Post by Xanthippe »

I wrote an extensive review on Vanessa-Mae's concert in Hamburg yesterday on July 2. I made many photos during the concert, see:

http://www.vanessa-mae.nu and http://www.vanessa-mae.nu/Hamburg070702.htm

Parts of the text are below. To read my full story and view my fantastic photos of a gorgeous Vanessa-Mae, do visit the links above

---------- Review ----------

When you compare the program of this concert with the program of the concerts that I visited in London (2004) and Dresden (2005) several differences emerge. The program was built around Vanessa-Mae's recent recording Choreography. Raga's Dance and Moroccan Roll were both not in the listing, but Tribal Gathering was added instead. This means that Vanessa-Mae played the complete album Choreography, except Raga's Dance, Moroccan Roll and Handel's Minuet. Besides songs from Choreography, Vanessa-Mae played a selection from her older repertoire including the blockbuster successes Toccata & Fugue, Red Hot and Storm, 3 songs that always result in standing ovations of the audience for Vanessa-Mae. Other songs from her earlier albums included I Am A Doun, Bach Street Prelude, Retro, Laughing Buddha, Solace, Pasha, Destiny and Contradanza. Noticeable, Themes From Caravan, present in the Dresden concert, was left out of the program now. The concert was performed in one piece, without a break.

During her performance, Vanessa-Mae was accompanied by her band with guitarist, a bass player, a percussionist, a saxophone player, and a drummer, as well by a string section consisting of musician of local orchestras, including several violinist and cello players. The quality of the sound was very good. Band and string section delivered a very fine support to Vanessa-Mae who played, herself very driven, passionately and highly motivated.

Vanessa-Mae started the show, as she did at all other Choreography concerts, with Sabre Dance. The audience welcomed Vanessa-Mae with an enthusiastic applause when she entered the stage. Vanessa-Mae appeared on stage in a wonderful long red dress made of light material that was shine through around her legs. Vanessa-Mae used the same dress during the Rover promotion in 1999 - see gallery 21 - and the charity event for elephant Dunbar last summer in 2006- see gallery 39. Vanessa-Mae's beautiful long black shining hair partly in 2 braids to the side of her head to pull it out of her face, and partly hanging free on her back. Clearly, Vanessa-Mae's face was made up, but only to a degree to keep her looks natural, and apart from excessive lipstick in colour red to match her dress, small lines of dark shadow and black accents on lashes and brows, nothing colourising was added to her smooth complexion. Vanessa-Mae had no jewelleries and she had silver shoes with spike heels and matching ribbons tied around her ankles. Vanessa-Mae was gorgeous and she looked superb the whole show. As always, she never touched her face as to keep her make-up in perfect condition during the whole evening.

Track listing

(section on acoustic Guadagnini violin)

- Sabre Dance -
- Roxannes Veil -
- Bolero for violin & orchestra -
- Solace -
- Tango De Los Exilados -
- The Havana Slide -

(section on electric Zeta violin)

- Contradanza -
- Laughing Buddha -
- Hocus Pocus -
- Destiny -

(section on acoustic Guadagnini violin)

- Pasha -
-I Am A Doun -
- Bach Street Prelude -
- Emerald Tiger -
- Tribal Gathering -
- Retro -
- Red Hot -
- Toccata & Fugue -
- Storm -

--- Encore ---

- Sabre Dance -
MSam
VMF Reg

Post by MSam »

Woah! Sounds like an awesome concert! I hope Vanessa comes to Australia eventually! :)

Thanks for the review Rijko - sounds like you had a great time!
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Thanks MSam, bijsterg and I had a great evening. Vanessa-Mae playeed fantastic and she was as beautiful as always!