Review on Vanessa-Mae's 'Classical Collection prt 1'

Post reviews on concerts, albums, and anything else.
Xanthippe

Review on Vanessa-Mae's 'Classical Collection prt 1'

Post by Xanthippe »

I wrote a review on Vanessa-Mae's Classical Collection prt 1. Here are some lines from the introduction:

The worldwide re-release as a luxurious 3cd-box by EMI, in a special license from the Nicholson family, of Vanessa-Mae's early albums - the so-called 'kiddy' cd's as they are often affectionately referred to by fans - in October 2000 came after continuous requests from fans and music lovers. Since the original 3 cd's were hardly available anymore, this re-release was welcomed with applause among Vanessa-Mae's loyal fan base that had grown all over the globe since her unprecedented successes with the release of 5 albums since she emerged as professional musician in 1994-1995. It is without any overstatement that we can mention this re-release as an enormous tribute by EMI to Vanessa-Mae as being one of their most successful artists in their catalogue in general, but especially in the field of classical music and as pioneer in the cross-over between pop and traditional classics.

The review can be found at review classical collection prt 1 and has scans of the complete booklet as illustration.

The review can also be accessed via VMSPOS

With the Classical Collection prt1 , I basically completed reviewing Vanessa-Mae's discography of albums. For links to the individual album reviews, do visit the review section of my website, which also links to reviews on her video clips, concert videos and many more! In the near future, I will add one other review to cover the various collection cd's that were released by EMI after Vanessa-Mae moved to Sony Classical label. Also, a review on Vanessa-Mae's appearance in 'Arabian Nights' will be available later this year.