Upcoming Vanessa-Mae concert in the UK, Jul 18, 2009

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Upcoming Vanessa-Mae concert in the UK, Jul 18, 2009

Post by Xanthippe »

Vanessa-Mae announcers that she will perform an open air concert at the Westonbirt Arberoretum, Westonbirt UK, on Saturday July 18, 2009

Ticket sales started last Friday, November 28, see Ticketmaster

I've ordered a ticket already. Unfortunately, the online ordering did not provide an option for international sendings. I had to book a ticket by telephone and experienced some misunderstandings regarding the spelling of my Dutch home address. Hopefully, the ticket will arrive safely: I'll keep my fingers crossed for that!

Is anyone else in the UK going to this open air concert?

Vanessa-Mae will be accompanied by her band and a synphony orchestra at the concert. Perhaps, this will mark the release of her new album???
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Thank you for posting this.

The news release says this:
"Vanessa is currently working on her next album due for release in 2009"
http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/infd-7lsgw2

So I guess the concert will be music from her new album :)

Westonbirt is a difficult place for me to get to so I will wait to see if any better dates are announced. I think that because it is an outdoor venue it will not be important to buy tickets really early so I can wait quite a few months before buying.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Hi David, I wouldn't wait too long if you think of buying a ticket. Perhaps it will be sold very quickly.
Dario

Post by Dario »

Thanks Rijko for information. Sure I will not miss this one :P
The only downside is that tickets are saled through ticketmaster- the worst place on whole net for getting tickets. By unknown reasons they are not using recorded royal mail service (perfect for that), but using one courier company, that means I have to sit all working day at home and to wait courier nocking on my door. Hade same terrible excperience with ticketmaster before, when ticket to 'Europe' concert costed me 120 GBP instead of 20 (20 GBP ticket + 100 GBP in lost working day).
Hope closer to the date there will be tickets available on e-bay :wink:
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Dario, you can switch the delivery to your work address once you received a notification from FedEx in your mailbox.

I too let tickets be delivered to my work address.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Is anyone else in the UK going to this concert of Vanessa-Mae?