RE: Anniversary........................

Anything goes...
CarrollTowerCX

RE: Anniversary........................

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Well Boys & Girls,

This is my Vanessa-Mae Anniversary. It has been a year since I first discovered Vanessa-Mae. It is very curious that it should have taken so long. I am probably a little older than most other VMF fans. I had been interested in Classical Music since I was a child. I was especially enamored of the Violin and it's music.

In retrospect, there were several reasons why I did not find Vanessa-Mae sooner. First, with a library of over 7,000 books, I was doing a lot of reading and research on the Transportation Industry. An Industry I have been employed by for over 47 years now. I am into Art, Architecture, Heavy Industry ( Steel Mills, Mining, etc), and all things Mechanical, plus many more subjects.

The main thing that brought everything to a head was the Computer. I did not purchase my first one until October, 2009. In November of that year, by chance, I discovered a video of Vanessa-Mae playing Bach's Toccata and Fugue Symphonic, with the Berlin Philharmonie. That was IT ! That's all it took to make me Her fan for life! Everything was there, beauty, prodigious talent, a lovely smile and the most wonderful of all, the Music. To make things complete, she was Asian, as is my Wife. I love her soft voice and cultured English accent too!

Now, all my former projects have been put on hold, and I now devote all my available time to Vanessa-Mae. Reading articles, down-loading thousands of photos, researching and writing articles on and about Her. Several of which have appeared on VMSPOS as Vanessa-Mae Chronicles.

As regular readers of VMF , you can see I have posted quite a few things here also. They range from an article on the "Dimple" to the latest in a series of "Violin Princess Photos".

Before closing, there is someone that I must mention, as my Mentor, and one I consider a very good friend, Rijko Ebens. He is the most devoted fan of Vanessa-Mae, and has shared, without stint, much of his knowledge with me. Always offering me help, encouragement and material to further MY knowledge of Vanessa-Mae. No questions were considered too trivial. Answers were always freely given. There is a pillow in my Daughters room that simply says, " A Friend is a Gift You Give Yourself", He is my Friend.

May the years treat Vanessa kindly. May She play for us forever. I will be Her devoted fan for Life!

CX