You Tube

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

zeta
**VMF Guru**

Re: You Tube

Post by zeta »

CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Erzeta,

Thank you.

CX
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

If you look closely, you'll see that Vanessa-Mae is using the clear "crystal" violin, and not her white/gray ZETA like usual. This is the first time I've ever seen her use it for a live performance (as opposed to miming at appearances).
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Benji,

Are you saying that every time Vanessa has used her Ted Brewer Clear Acrylic Electric Violin, other than this one time, that she has been "Lip-syncing" with the Violin, so-to-speak ?

CX
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

CarrollTowerCX wrote:Benji,

Are you saying that every time Vanessa has used her Ted Brewer Clear Acrylic Electric Violin, other than this one time, that she has been "Lip-syncing" with the Violin, so-to-speak ?

CX
No, I wouldn't say that, but in all the instances I've seen her use it, she mimes. That's not unusual since I never seen her use it in one of her concerts like in this instance.
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Hello Benji,

I understand that, as for instance , on some TV shows were they do not want to pay the fee for a live playing that Vanessa, and probably many other artists do "Mime" their music. I understand it is done frequently with vocals. Since my last post, I have been reviewing several concerts and the intro to the Brit Awards were Vanessa has used her Ted Brewer "Crossbow" acrylic violin and I can not imagine that she is not actually playing it and it is being broadcast to the audience at the same time. I saw her pause playing, turn her back, walk a few steps and start playing again. How is it possible for her to do that and resume playing exactly on time?

Now I know that her Zeta Electric always has a wire and plug inserted in the instrument when it is Really being played and I have seen it not plugged in on TV interview shows when she is definitely "Miming", because the show obviously does not want to pay the higher fee.

The question to me is, does the Ted Brewer Crossbow need to have external batteries or transmitting equipment to send the signal or is it just like the "Wireless" microphones everyone uses today? Not at any time have I ever seen a fanny pack or wire from the Crossbow.

So the final and most important question to me is, what leads you to believe that Vanessa, when using the Ted Brewer Crossbow in other than TV interviews, has always been "Miming" with it and not with the Zeta or Guadagnini? Tonight I have found her in at least three live concerts in which she is using the Crossbow. No disrespect, but I am just curious.

CX
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

CarrollTowerCX wrote:Hello Benji,

So the final and most important question to me is, what leads you to believe that Vanessa, when using the Ted Brewer Crossbow in other than TV interviews, has always been "Miming" with it and not with the Zeta or Guadagnini? Tonight I have found her in at least three live concerts in which she is using the Crossbow. No disrespect, but I am just curious.

CX
That's not what I said. I stated that every time I've seen her used the acrylic during appearances, she always mimes. That's not to say that every time she uses her Guadagnini or ZETA that she plays live. She used her ZETA almost exclusively during her first year or so of her pop career, and she mimes in most appearances when she played Toccata & Fugue. When she was promoting her classical album, she mimes using her Guadagnini when playing I'm a Doun.

I think the type of violin she uses doesn't really factor into the decision whether to mime or not. I was just making the observation that this is the first time I've seen her used the acrylic violin for a live performance where doesn't mime. I'm curious to know what 3 concerts have you seen her use this violin ... any on youtube I can watch?
CarrollTowerCX

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Benji,

I will look them up later today and then we can get back to the discussion.

CX
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

zeta wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:17 am Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-78ZonU7IE
Will you still have that Embrasses Moi video or some of the videos they mentioned in this post?
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

I'm afraid not. I don't even remember this...
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

Okay, sure, it was to be expected ... Thanks