RE: Composing & Recording With V-M

For musos and music appreciaters alike, talk about music of any kind from everywhere.
CarrollTowerCX

RE: Composing & Recording With V-M

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Well Girls & Boys,

Here is something I just received today. It is an article; an interview actually; with Walter Taieb, entitled, "Composing & Recording With Vanessa-Mae".

It contains quite a lot of technical information on the equipment and methods as used by Walter Taieb in composing and recording Vanessa-Mae's "CHOREOGRAPHY". He was asked to write a piece for the album, he wrote three, the third one in collaboration with Vanessa-Mae, herself.

I found this article of interest, because it shows just how this album was recorded and the methods used.

Has anyone seen this article before?

If you as I, have not seen it, I hope you will find it of interest. I bring it to you in the hope of furthering our knowledge of Vanessa-Mae.

CX

img040 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr

img041 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr

img042 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr

img043 by jrmclemore1, on Flickr
Xanthippe

Re: RE: Composing & Recording With V-M

Post by Xanthippe »

Thanks CX,

Yes I know about this article. I have it myself as pdf. It is very interesting and illustrative.

The photo on page 3 of Vanessa-Mae with Walter Taieb is nice!
CarrollTowerCX

Re: RE: Composing & Recording With V-M

Post by CarrollTowerCX »

Xanthippe,

I knew if anyone had seen this article before, it would have been you.

I was especially interested in the positioning of the mics and other similar information. Also about increasing the 70 piece orchestra to make it sound as if there were 90 musicians.

It shows it takes more to make a recording that a instrumentalist and a microphone.

CX