Classical Tour and Classical Tour brochure

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Recently, I bought the Classical Tour brochure at ebay.com. I have scanned the brochure and can upload a zip file with these scans it to Glenn's server if anyone is interested. The complete zip file is about 25Mb.

Glenn do you have space for this available right now?

As we all know, Vanessa-Mae did a classical tour for the Classical Album 1 in 1996-1997, immediately following the enormously successful 'Red Hot' tour. She gave concerts in Germany in the autumn of 1996. Then early 1997, the tour was scheduled to bring Vanessa-Mae to the UK were she would do some 12 concerts.

However, the members of the foreign accompanying orchestra were denied work permits by the British department of labour, this after the trade union for musicians filed a complaint over the fact that Vanessa-Mae had not invited a domestic orchestra for this tour of concerts.

Subsequently as a result of the absence of the planned orchestra, Vanessa-Mae improvised and did an 'Alterrnative Classical Tour' of concerts, espacially for the UK. Therefore ad hoc, individual musicians and members of British orchestras were invited to join her on stage, which meant that the line-ups for the several concerts varied considerable. Of course this had great influence on the performances each evening. A special inlay was added to the borchure to thank all these musicians for the great efforts to make this alternative tour possible.

Vanessa-Mae's alternative classical concert in Birmingham was recorded. Recently a UK pay tv channel televised it again. Thanks to Benjamin and Lorjou files with this concert became available to the fans in this forum. Reviews and comments on this concert can be found in the review board.

I think the impromptu character of this concert rendered it a special atmosphere. It was once again a fantastic performance of our Vanessa-Mae!!

So if anyone would like to have the scans of the borchure, just let me know. The same holds for scans of all other tour brochures.
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Yes Rijko, I have a couple of GB of space available.
It is at the same ftp link as before but I'll PM it to you again if you had forgotten or misplaced it.

PS: I'll be off-line for a while though the site/space will always be available.
Glenn
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Thanks Glenn,

I will upload the scans later, although no one expressed any interests to have them.
Gatis
VMF Elite

Post by Gatis »

hey Rijko,
as I am working and I am very busy at the moment to visit forum, but anyway I would like to see the scans..
I hope in september I will have more time to post here..
Gatis
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Thanks Rijko and thanks 'O'Beautiful one,

I would be very grateful if you would up-load the scans to
Our 'loverly Glenns' server

I am dying to get my hands on a copy :D
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I've uploaded the scans of the Classical Tour 97 brochure. See the link:

http://vm.on-d.net/Classtour97.zip

I had scans from someone who had visited a Classical Tour concert in Germany. I made these scans available soemwhere early this year.

I bought the brochure recently myself via ebay. This brochure dates form a UK concert and has an inlay with additional information considering the inpromptu character of the UK concerts. I explained this matter in my firts post of this topic.

Anyway, I think these new scans are of better quality than the ones that I uploaded early this year.

Edited By Rijko Ebens on 1061184603
changing worlds
Site Admin

Post by changing worlds »

This is weird.

I posted a message in this topic days ago. I even modified it. Yet it is not here, and the only other Moderator hasn't logged in since my post.

I mentioned that this file seemed to be available six months ago. In fact, the scans (too small to be read of course) appear on my site.

Anyone else have noticed their posts disappearing? If so, please start a topic under the "Help" section.
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Joe, I read your post that you posted after Rijko, and yea it has disappereard.....weird! ???
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Joe,

I've read your initial post too. It seems to have disappeared after you have edited it. Strange indeed, but I have not encountered any other problems.

There seem to have been some problems in downloading the classtour zip file. I did the upload again and all is working fine now for me.

Please report any remaining problems to me.
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

yeh Joe it seems like some one as nicked your post
Very strange ???
-----Arioch------
(Lord of Chaos)
------Image-----
www.vanessa-mae.co.uk
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »