EMI video tape

Post reviews on concerts, albums, and anything else.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I bought via ebay an EMI video tape with tv appearances of several of their artists. Vanessa-Mae's appearances of December 1997 on the 'Live & Kicking' and 'Blue Peter' shows are featured on this tape. Both shows were broadcasted by the BBC channel 1.

At the Live & Kicking show, Vanessa-Mae sat in a circle of a group of children together with the show host. Vanessa-Mae gave answers to some questions asked by these children and alsop to some questions submitted by phone. Captures of the show can be found in the picture gallery 10 at VMH (http://www.vanessamae.com/picture10.shtml).

Vanessa-Mae wore a light brown pair of trousers and a bluish grey top with thin straps. Her hair was long and loose hanging on her back. Her face was smooth and flawless covered by a very natural make-up with pinky lipstick and some light brownish grey eyeshadow. She looked wonderfull (see the pics).

Here is some info on the questions and her answers:

Q1: Did you ever do violin exams?
A1: No never, but I remember that I once after leasons told my Nanny that I played so well that my teacher said: Vanessa-Mae you will get a well deservedl detention. But I mixed up the word 'detention' with 'extension' and my teacher meant that I was ready to have my repertoire extended. Just make sure that you enjoy yourself and feel good about yourself and your play, even if you have to do exams.

Q2: Do you think that you achieved everything in your career?
A2: No absolutely not. In music is always more to explore. I started as a real classical musician as a child and teenager but there is so much more to discover in classicla and modern pop music.

Q3: How did you sound when you played the violin for the first time?
A3: Ha, Ha, well I guess as a cat being strangled, just as all violinists.

Q4: I play an instrument myself. Do you have any tips for me? I play the clarinet.
A4: Well, you probably don't like practising do you? (the child agrees, indeed). You have to set goals for yourself to achieve. Goals in leasons, exams and performances, it doesn't matter in what. And tyoy have to make sure that you feel good about that. That is the motivation you need to keep practising.

Q5: How many hours do you practice each day?
A5: It largely depend. Right now, I have been on holidays for 3 weeks without my violin. That was inconceivable at age 8 or 9. At that time I practiced at least 3-4 hours a day. Now, I just have to maintain my technique and physical condition. Playing an instument is a physical art and you have to be in a good shape. Make sure that you eat and sleep well, espacially on tour. It is easy for me. because I am a ver active person.

Next, Vanessa-Mae palys a few tunes on her electric violin and the children have to guess what tune it is. Then the 'I Feel Love' clip is shown and that is the end of the topic.

On the 'Blue Peter' show, Vanessa-Mae only played 'Storm' in the studio. It was a very nice performance and Vanessa-Mae received a standing ovation from the audience present. Vanessa-Mae wore a dark red top with small straps and grey pants. Vanessa-Mae had her midriff exposed and she had very high heels. Her hair was loose and wild. She had quite heavy make-up, espacially her eyes with dark shadow and glittering black liner on her lower eyelids. She also had blushed cheeks. Anyway, she looked gorgeous.
Gatis
VMF Elite

Post by Gatis »

Cool thanks Rijko! Nice purchase.. :)
Gatis
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

VMH is showing captures of Vaness-aMae's appearance at the 'Live and Kicking' show for a long time already. I guess Glenn and Maysan have this show on videotape also.

I just remembered to have seen these photos on VMH when I first watched the EMI tape.
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

Yes, I have these on video. Vanessa's first appearance on Blue Peter was I believe her first appearance on TV as a "Jazz Fusion" violinist. You obviously have a later one as she was playing Storm. She has been on Blue Peter several times.

Glenn
Glenn
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I think that I have another earlier appearance of Vanessa-Mae on this Blue Peter show as well. I have to check!
Lorjou
Veteran

Post by Lorjou »

Hi Rijko,

Great purchase - does it have just the interview or also Vanessa performing Storm on Live and Kicking?

Regards,

Lorjou.
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Lorjou,

Besides the interview, the show has the video clip of 'I Feel Love.' Unforntunately, there is no actual performance of our Vanessa-Mae.
phoenix
Veteran

Post by phoenix »

do know if she's going to sell a video with the tracks of her new album which will be avaible soo or maybe even with the "best of" one ?
just try to discover the beauty of music !
Glenn
VMF Elite

Post by Glenn »

I doubt it I'm sorry to say.
EMI is not too intellegent with this type of stuff.
Glenn