no sign of a new album and this forum is irrelevant

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Picnic

no sign of a new album and this forum is irrelevant

Post by Picnic »

There is still no sign of a new album to be released on a short notice, say somewhere this year!! Nor that Vanessa-Mae is planning recording or composing, or teaming up with someone.

Moreover, this forum is virtually irrelevant these days. There is only posting by one or two persons, and there is no communication between memberes whatsoever.

Doing a google news search gives more information on her olympic fraud than on recent musical achievements. Not to mention the results on Vanessa-Mae's that have probable been mentioned after her from the time she was hot.

I am wondering what I am doing here anymore. There is no fun here at all
Benji
Site Admin

Re: no sign of a new album and this forum is irrelevant

Post by Benji »

I take issue with the forum being irrelevant. There's still links to past concerts and interviews (not to mention the questions we've sent her that she's graciously answered) that fans will find interesting. No one is tasked with any responsibilities with the upkeep of this forum, nor will anyone ever be other than myself. So why make a big deal out of it?

Vanessa has not released an album since 2005, so the slow traffic on this forum is to be expected. Yes, I'd love to see some new music from Vanessa-Mae, but only when she's ready to release it. I have no problem with her focusing on other adventures outside of music. She spent the first 10 years of her career with a grueling schedule of concerts, appearance, and album releases. Now, she's in a difference phase in her life where music is not necessarily always a #1 priority. Why be upset over that?

She has stated once in the "Devil's Trill" documentary that as a musician, she always have ideas floating around in her head; but it doesn't necessarily lead to anything concrete right away. Despite the drought of new music, there's nothing to be gained by rushing out a project. She's never promised a timeline on her new musical endeavors, so I never had any expectation that anything was going to happen in the near term. We will have to be patient, but in the meantime, we can enjoy the music she already has combined with listening to other artists.
zeta
**VMF Guru**

Post by zeta »

It's true that her musical absence is a pity but as Benji said, we have to accept her new way of life, which is not to include the music as a priority. Of course, we as her loyal fans would like to see her realising an album (2004 was the last) or performing, but she must have her reasons why she does not.
Another thing is that she has sometimes said she was preparing new music, and last interview in Russia said that it's the 25th aniversary of T&F and that before a new album, it was going to be a celebration in 2020. But now I think it's imposible a new album with the epidemic.
Last edited by zeta on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Picnic

Post by Picnic »

Benji wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:40 am I take issue with the forum being irrelevant. There's still links to past concerts and interviews (not to mention the questions we've sent her that she's graciously answered) that fans will find interesting. No one is tasked with any responsibilities with the upkeep of this forum, nor will anyone ever be other than myself. So why make a big deal out of it?
I understand your position, you're the owner of this forum!

For me it is irrelevant: there is no news about Vanessa-Mae nor it there any communication between members as it used to be in the early days. That was the fun of this forum. There are virtually no active members left anymore.

Vanessa-Mae is fully entitled to put her career as musician on hold, temporarily of permamently as she wishes. I was just hoping that she would stop hinting at new music and albums if she is not living up to that commitment.

I haven't listend to any of her music since november 2014 when her olympic fraud emerged.
Picnic

Re: Do you have a question for Vanessa-Mae? Read more here!

Post by Picnic »

I've started this I think in 2000 when the first fans forum was established by Aventine. At that moment, I decided to continue this tradition, but that I would stop the soon she didn't answer to our questions.

In 2014, Vanessa-Mae was too busy to defend herself after she was banned from skiing events by FIS after her alleged fraud during the qualifications for the Olympics.

So, I stopped. John took over and contacted her personal assistant and she answered the 2014 questions in 2015. As far as I know, in 2016 to 2018 and in 2020, no questions were submitted. John passed and no-one continued it at first.

Personally, I have nothing to ask her anymore!!

Let us remember, Vanessa-Mae released her first album in 1991 (the 1st of the kiddy albums) and her last in 2004. She released her albums and established her career in 13 years. Since then, she has not been active anymore as an recording artist now for more than 17 years. She gradually scaled down her stage performances.

Good luck with the questions. She will probable mention that new music is floating around in her head.
Picnic

Post by Picnic »

Benji wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:16 pm

4) You can ask the question by posting a reply to this thread. You can also join our NEW Discord server here. I have created a room just for this purpose. PLEASE be nice![/color]
What is your intention with this discord. Is there any additional value?
TonyGH05VM
Veteran

Post by TonyGH05VM »

It is not to be rude,😅 or to offend anyone, and perhaps I am even misinterpreting the message, but why put some pessimism in these situations? I think that finally whoever wants to participate is free to do so, finally no one joined the Discord more than me (until now) that I am interested in this dynamic, but you make it look a little negative.🙃😬
Picnic

Post by Picnic »

TonyGH05VM wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:46 pm It is not to be rude,😅 or to offend anyone, and perhaps I am even misinterpreting the message, but why put some pessimism in these situations? I think that finally whoever wants to participate is free to do so, finally no one joined the Discord more than me (until now) that I am interested in this dynamic, but you make it look a little negative.🙃😬
I am not being negative. I do not see the value of this discord in addition to the forum; that is why I am asking about the moderators intention. There are only 4 members active in this forum, why then is an additional meeting room of any use?
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

Picnic wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:54 pm

4) You can ask the question by posting a reply to this thread. You can also join our NEW Discord server here. I have created a room just for this purpose. PLEASE be nice![/color]
The intention was to provide an additional option (other than joining the forum) if a VM fan would like to submit a question. Discord has become a very popular outlet of how people with common interests communicate in real time.
Picnic

Post by Picnic »

Benji wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:26 am
Picnic wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:54 pm

The intention was to provide an additional option (other than joining the forum) if a VM fan would like to submit a question. Discord has become a very popular outlet of how people with common interests communicate in real time.
OK, I had never heard of it but that is me.