Vanessa-mae visited hong kong in may 2001 - Videos with interview and article

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

In May 2001, Vanessa-Mae visited Hong Kong to promote her newly released album 'Subject To Change.'

I found 10 short video files that were available for downloading at that time. I rediscovered these files while inspecting some cdroms with back-up's that I have. Some of the older members may have these files too but I think this material will be new for most, since the files were available for only a very limited period of time.

Vanessa-Mae talks in Hong Kong

The video interview obviously is of a informal and improvisational nature. It looks like the video was shot on Vanessa-Mae's hotel room. The camera handling is static and Vanessa-Mae talks off the cuff. Despite the informal and impromptu nature, care has been taken for Vanessa-Mae's presentation and looks. Vanessa-Mae is dressed in one of her wonderful whitish T-shirts. She is perfectly coiffed and nicely made up. I like her smooth complexion and shinning pinky lips.

I also have an newpaper report on a meeting of a journalist with our Vanessa-Mae in the hotel. The article is not available online anymore, but I have it as pdf file.

report on Vanessa-Mae's visit to Hong Kong

The reporter meets Vanessa-Mae in a hotel suite on the top floor of her hotel. The reporter describes her while she sashays into the room as 'casually dressed in white vest, yet with heavy make-up.'

That can very well be the presentation of Vanessa-Mae at the video interview.

Anyway, she looks very nice. I hope to see her like that from very close one day, and have the opportunity to talk with her then.

Enjoy our Vanessa-Mae in Hong Kong!

Edited By Rijko Ebens on 1069626554
Kevin
VMF Elite

Post by Kevin »

Thanx Rijko
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

Thank you sooo.. much Rijko for this sweet Interview (Could somebody translate the Questions?). I saw it the first time. I tried to put the peaces together and build a Windows Media File. I don't like to use the Realplayer because those files wan't run on the Windows Media Player. The Quality is not as well as in Real-Format, because I have no Programm to transform and made it with my Videorecorder.

Nice tidy sofa, I will put a clean linen on my bed, yQhr amQhr
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Herosoft provides a program that can convert tm files into files for the Windows Media Player, see:

http://www.heroshare.com/home.php

I'l do the conversion later myself and can upload these on request. Just let me know!
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

Rijko Ebens wrote:Herosoft provides a program that can convert tm files into files for the Windows Media Player, see:

http://www.heroshare.com/home.php

I'l do the conversion later myself and can upload these on request. Just let me know!
I tried the "Try"-Version, but the shareware wouldn't transform RM to mpeg for me even though I could bring the files into the convertlist. Perhaps you have the full version and have mor success.

amQhr
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

Here are the mpeg's:

Vanessa-Mae in Hong Kong May 2001 mpeg files (29Mb)

Uploading right nowm so give it some 30 minutes.
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

Help Rijko,
I've downloaded the ZIP and extracted the files but my Windows Media Player doesn't show the clip because of an unusual Codec. Do you know what's to do???
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

amqhr,

I did the conversion to mpeg4. I think you'll need the most recent version of window media player for that.
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

Rijko Ebens wrote:amqhr,

I did the conversion to mpeg4. I think you'll need the most recent version of window media player for that.
I have the latest Version of Windows Media Player Series 9 and have installed all Windows Media 8-Codecs for that because the automatic aktualizing of the Codec didn't function. Whatever it doesn't help. Perhaps I can look this later at christmas. Thank you again Rijko,

yQhr amQhr
Street_Rat
VMF Elite

Post by Street_Rat »

Nice interview
thanks Rijko
Street_Rat
--> a simple man with a simple wish
Xanthippe

Post by Xanthippe »

I deleted the first rm video files and the mpeg's. Instead, I did another conversion also to mpegs. These new files are uploading right now, so give it another hour.

amQhr, I hope this will work for you.

Vanessa-Mae in Hong Kong, May 2001 (80Mb)
amQhr
VMF Elite

Post by amQhr »

Rijko Ebens wrote:I deleted the first rm video files and the mpeg's. Instead, I did another conversion also to mpegs. These new files are uploading right now, so give it another hour.

amQhr, I hope this will work for you.

Vanessa-Mae in Hong Kong, May 2001 (80Mb)

mQhr than expected it's running well (perhaps a little beside the sync but well quality) and I queued the parts together if you wanna get it klick the picture:
haboek
VMF Elite

Post by haboek »

Thanks Rijko,
I got the first rm files.
I have not had the time yet to view them.

Thanks amQhr,
I will download the file as soon as I get home.
Haboek :smokin:
Arioch
**VMF Guru**

Post by Arioch »

Nice one Rijko,
Thank you for uploading this HK interview for us, I so
much love hearing her voice and seeing her beautiful
smile.

what I love about Vanessa is that no matter what the
situation she remains professional and more importantly
she remains her self.

A true star, with a heart of gold.