Do you have a question for Vanessa-Mae? Read more here!

This is the main lobby for Vanessa-Mae related discussions.

Moderator: zeta

Benji
Site Admin

Do you have a question for Vanessa-Mae? Read more here!

Post by Benji »

Hello fellow VM Fans!

This year, I've decided to reinstate our annual tradition of asking Vanessa-Mae some thoughtful questions. The questions will be sent via e-mail on her birthday (along with a heartfelt "happy birthday" note). She's been so kind to answer every question we've asked her for the past 20 years! Read below on how this will work. I am giving everyone the opportunity to submit a question to Vanessa-Mae. Here are the rules:

1) Obviously, questions deemed inappropriate will not be considered. If the question is in especially bad taste, it will cost that user the privilege to post on this forum for a very long time.

2) One question per user please. To protect her privacy, only questions that are musically-related will be considered.

3) Questions that either have already been answered in a previous submission or could easily be answered in interviews will not be considered. For example, asking about how she got started playing the violin would be a poor question. She's answered that a million times already. Here is the list of her answers to previous questions asked
** from 2017, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, and 2003. Please note: I do intend to ask her about forthcoming musical projects.

4) You can ask the question in one of two ways: 1) By posting a reply to this thread (registration is required). 2) You can join our NEW Discord server here. I have created a room just for this purpose that you will see upon entry. PLEASE be nice!

It may take a while before we receive a response, but the last 2 times I've emailed her, she answered within a couple of days. I don't think we will have to wait long!

**I do intend to ask if she intends to continue performing despite the pandemic, so no need to ask about this.
vanessamaefan13

Re: Do you have a question for Vanessa-Mae? Read more here!

Post by vanessamaefan13 »

Has Vanessa-Mae ever thought about doing a variation of hher Violin Fantasy video she made decades ago ?
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

vanessamaefan13 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:09 pm Has Vanessa-Mae ever thought about doing a variation of hher Violin Fantasy video she made decades ago ?
Can you be more specific about the video? Are you talking about the video where she played Vivaldi's "Winter" and "The Devil's Trill"?
vanessamaefan13

Opps, I am sorry. Yes, I am referring to the collaboration of Vivaldi's Winter and the Devil's Trill.
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

vanessamaefan13 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:20 pm Opps, I am sorry. Yes, I am referring to the collaboration of Vivaldi's Winter and the Devil's Trill.
Ok, I remember that video (which was used to promote her "The Original Four Seasons" album"), but can you elaborate on the question itself? Are you asking if she thought of performing those two pieces again, or something else?
vanessamaefan13

I was wondering if she ever thought about performing those pieces again (an extended version like hearing more of the Devils Trill since we heard the entire 1st mvt of Winter) Cinematically, it would be cool to see a, up to date version of the Violin Fantasy 🙂🙂. Now that she is older, I wonder what that would look like.

*I loved the video and watched it over and over again. To see Vasko Vassiev conducting and on the background , Gay-Yee Westeroff (the Celloist) was so cool!!
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

vanessamaefan13 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:34 am I was wondering if she ever thought about performing those pieces again (an extended version like hearing more of the Devils Trill since we heard the entire 1st mvt of Winter) Cinematically, it would be cool to see a, up to date version of the Violin Fantasy 🙂🙂. Now that she is older, I wonder what that would look like.

*I loved the video and watched it over and over again. To see Vasko Vassiev conducting and on the background , Gay-Yee Westeroff (the Celloist) was so cool!!
She has performed Vivaldi's "Winter" before in one of her concerts (I forget which). "The Devil's Trill" is a really cool piece that I would love to hear again! The "violin fantasy" short film was created to promote her album ("The Original Four Seasons") and single ("The Devil's Trill") that was released in 1998. It will be interesting to see how she will promote any new music that she releases.

She said in her last reply that she loves revisiting material from her past, so perhaps we will hear the above in the not-too-distant future...
Benji
Site Admin

Post by Benji »

The questions have been sent to Vanessa-Mae. I will update the original post after I receive a response. Thank you!!